Trial and freeware version

I’m evaluating Toad Data Modeler 3.
3 days ago I installed v3.15 in freeware flavour (no more than 25 entities). Then I tried the updated version (that is a trial version). Now, no matter if I install again the old 3.15, trial period seems expired. My problem is: I’d like to have the freeware version on that PC (freeware limitations are Ok for now) and the full version on another PC (I can’t afford two versions…).

How can I enable again the freeware (limited) version?

I tried several times uninstalling it, but with no results.

Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that latest version 3.1.5 is not available in Freeware version. There will be no freeware versions of TDM v3 anymore.
The latest v. 3.1.5.6 is available only in 15-days Trial version and Commercial version.

To your problem: You can uninstall the trial version and install the old freeware again. However, you will not be able to use the new features of TDM3. :frowning:

My problem is: I'd like to have the freeware version on that PC (freeware limitations are Ok for now) and the full version on another PC (I can't afford two versions...).

Please try to contact the Quest Sales team and ask them for help. They will possibly allow you to use your commercial version on two machines...
In any case, give it a try. :wink:

I tried several times uninstalling it, but with no results.

Does any error occur?
You can also try to remove the program via Add or Remove Programs.
Does it work for you?

Note: Let me invite you join our Beta testing program. Download the latest TDM3 Beta and check out the new features and enhancements!

Regards,

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka

Thank you for the kind reply

There will be no freewareversions of TDM v3 anymore.

What's the last version with the (so useful) freeware limitations?

However, you will not be able to use the new featuresof TDM3.

I know. That's why I'm going to buy a full commercial version. Wanna know the truth? I've been valuating tons of ER case tools and I'm sure, TDM is the right one for me. It's amazing.

Does any error occur?
You can also try to remove the program via Add or Remove Programs.
Does it work for you?

yes, of course. No error. The problem must be I tried with v3.15 (I don't have anymore the older limited version..... There's no way to download it again? Do you remember which version it was?)

Ciao,
Arialdo

Hello Arialdo,

Happy to read that you like working with TDM. :slight_smile:

The previous TDM3 version was v. 3.0.13.175 (also the last Freeware version).

Please see the downloads of TDM at:
https://support.quest.com

Log in and then select the ‘Downloads and Updates’ item on the left. Type the product name ‘Toad Data Modeler’. Click Go.

I hope this info helps.

Regards,

Vladka

Happy to read that you like working with TDM.

I am happy. TDM rocks. It's amazing. It's a light year better than Case Studio, my previous love. And the beta version I'm evaluating right now is even better than the stable version.

The previous TDM3 version was v. 3.0.13.175 (also the last Freeware version).
I hope this info helps.

Great. Thank you for the precious help.

hi

i see from Vladka’s post above there is a freeware version of TDM 3.0.13.175. as per Vladka’s instructions there, I attempted to register at the support sit to obtain the freeware version. however, this only resuted in a most curt response from customer services.

woud anyone be kind enough to send me TDM 3.0.13.175 directly please?

if i might be so bold to also say that although i utterly understand why non-paying users should be not use these fora, i think the marketing of the beta program can be misleading. i originally joined here because there is a public page where the public is encouraged to join a beta testing program. i clicked on the link to register for the beta program which requires one to register on this forum. it gives no indication that the beta program has expired. personaly, i would not have registered here if i knew that fact, as i have no intention of purchasing software, so i do not feel blameworthy.

i think the member of quest frequenting this forum have the most praiseworthy attitude and manner; this is quite the opposite with ‘customer services’.

if nothing else, i would be most grateful if anyone pubic member could direct me to where TDM 3.0.13.175 might be found.

thank you.

Hello,

Let me reply.

Yes, Toad Data Modeler was available in freeware version in the past. Last freeware was v3.0.13.175. Since then freeware has not been available. Unfortunately, you cannot obtain this version.
Nevertheless, release of new freeware version of TDM will be discussed in our team. Our managers will consider to re-launch it again. As soon as I know more, I’ll inform all community members via our forum.
Thanks for your patience.

BETA program - BETA program continues, so you haven’t registered to our community uselessly. However, the current state is that new BETA has not been finished yet.

Let me explain: New official version is generally available (v. 3.3.7.22) and now our dev team needs some time to work on other new features and enhancements for next Betas. As soon as there is a reason to release another BETA (when some enhancements are done and we have something new to offer you to test), the BETA will be launched. There’s no use releasing the same BETA version when there is more up-to-date official release.

So, until new BETA is launched, please use the trial version, please do contact the colleagues from the sales team and ask for an override key. I’m sure there are some options to extend trial period etc.

Regarding the BETA program + current situation, I’ve informed the community members here. Please have a look:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?messageID=24986&tstart=0#24986

http://modeling.inside.quest.com/thread.jspa?threadID=8585&tstart=0

• Beta program continues
    We are working at a new Beta version. At the moment no BETA is available as the official TDM version 3.3.7.22 is the most up-to-date version.

========
Although you are a non-paying user and have no intention to buy our software now, it doesn’t mean that you will never buy it. Possibly you will decide to purchase it in the future (e.g. persuade your boss to purchase several licenses to the company etc.) So, here in this community we do not differentiate community members to paying and non-paying. We do care about all and appreciate any feedback. - You’ve already found a bug in our software! So, please do post and stay in touch with our dev team.
If you want to wait for the BETA, please drop by to our community to see if it’s already available. Also, I will contact you to let you know (let’s hope I won’t forget. ) In any case, we will be happy to have you as a BETA tester to check out new features and enhancements.

If you have more questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka