Unable to open cross-connection query editor or query builder

Hello-

I have TDP v.3.7.1.1011 (Professional).

Whenever I navigate to open the cross connection EDITOR or BUILDER via toolbard, nothing happens.

Regular editor opens fine.

Is there anything I need to install or configure?

It’s very strange. You need ODBC drivers to execute cross-queries but there is no special requirement to open the Cross-Connection Editor or Query Builder

You could try to open them from main menu - Tools|Editor|Cross-Connection SQL Editor or Tools|Query Builder| Cross-Connection Query Builder. It should open an editor/ Query Builder and indicates that it’s in Cross-Connection on vertical blue ribbon on the right side of the editor as you can see on the following screenshot.

Or you could drag and drop tables from different connections in Query Builder. In this case it should switch to Cross-Connection Mode.

What happens for you?

Try Opening the Local Storage connection. We need that connection to do Cross-Connection. Something might be happening there.

Thanks for the pointers. When I go to open local storage connection I get this…

Unable to connect to any of the specified Local Storage hosts.

There was a connect error. Check the username and password are correct, that you have registered this user using registration tab, and the registered user has not been disabled.

I am not sure which user it is referring to.

Thanks for the pointers. When I go to open local storage connection I get this…

Unable to connect to any of the specified Local Storage hosts.

There was a connect error. Check the username and password are correct, that you have registered this user using registration tab, and the registered user has not been disabled.

I am not sure which user it is referring to.

You may need to try resetting your local storage, though do keep in mind that if you had anything within it, you would lose it.

You need to go to Options ->Local Storage -> General and find the folder where we keep Local Storage:

Find that folder, and rename (In case you want to restore it afterwards) or delete it. Restart TDP and try opening Local Storage again.