Variables in Automation Designer

Hi,

I’m trying to work with variables in Automation Designer. I have a stored procedure that needs two variable values as input to populate a table.

These steps were done manually in the Toad Editor so far. What I want to do is get these two variables either as user input from a popup window

I found out how to set variables in the Automation Designer, but I didn’t figure out how to get them into “myStoredProcedure(VariableGoesInHere)”

Can this be done or are the Automation Designer variables just there to be used for generating a filename etc?

Thanks,

Mathias

Hi,

IMHO I would create procedure with two parameters and run it through scheduler (oracle job) or Automation designer (Actionable Query).

Cheers

Damir

I already have a procedure and an actionable query in the automation designer.

The actionable query / stored procedure has to be called with different input values - and that's what I'm having trouble with.

Those are specified by the user and can't be scheduled, cause the user input can't be predicted. However, the user can run the action designer app.

I just want him to enter those two values in a graphical variable input pop up rather than have him tamper with the call of the stored procedure.

Von meinem Mobiltelefon gesendet

Am 19.05.2015 um 11:04 schrieb Damir Vadas bounce-damirvadas_250@toadworld.com:

RE: Variables in Automation Designer

Reply by Damir Vadas
Hi,

IMHO I would create procedure with two parameters and run it through scheduler (oracle job) or Automation designer (Actionable Query).

Cheers

Damir

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.