Toad World® Forums

View differences defaults to current schema

Hello,

I am running SQL NAV 6.1.1. As a DBA, I often compare packages from users schema with the schema owners. I navigate to users package right click it and select ‘View Difference’. The View Difference window pops up showing the package name but defaulting to my schema. Is this a bug or is there a preference I can modify?

Thanks in advance.
–Vas Lakshman

Hi Vas,

I think it’s a bug. I will raise a CR for this. Thanks.

Gwen

Thanks Gwen. This feature used to work in version 5.5. Please keep me informed as to the resolution of this issue.

I tested this with 5.5.4 and it has the same issue. Which version were you using?

Gwen

I was using the version 5.5.0.713. This feature worked fine in this version.

Hi Vas,

Thanks for the update. I checked that version and it works like you said.

Gwen

Hi Gwen,

I checked out the new Beta version 6.2.0.1317. I do not see the view differences issue being fixed yet. Can I get a status on it please?

Thanks
Vas Lakshman

Hi Vas,

I checked our system and this CR has been targeted for 6.3.

Gwen

Hi Gwen

It there someplace in (Support link or another place) where we could see what is target for each version?

Thanks
Filipe

I’m not sure really. I know that if you contact the support guys, your case will be linked to the CR and I think when it’s fixed, they will notice you. Don’t take my words for it though. It’s safer to contact the support chanel directly and ask for these information.
Gwen

Hi Gwen

Could it be possible to get a list of what its supposed to be fixed (+ enchantments) in 6.2 (that was not still in this last Beta)?

Thanks
Filipe

Hi Filipe,

Please check the announcement for more information:
http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/ann.jspa?annID=302

Cheers
Gwen

thanks!

Filipe