Viewing Stored Procedures

Maybe someone can tell me where to find this. I have an identity management product that uses Oracle as its backend database. Some of the processes use stored procedures in that database to return True / False or other conditional information. I use TOAD all the time to view the data in this database but I cannot seem to figure out where to view these store procedures and what information they use to arrive at their results. Can anyone tell me how to use TOAD to find and view these procedures?

-Brandon

You can find them in the Schema Browser. See attached image.

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:57 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Viewing Stored Procedures

Thread created by breal5825

Maybe someone can tell me where to find this. I have an identity management product that uses Oracle as its backend database. Some of the processes use stored procedures in that database to
return True / False or other conditional information. I use TOAD all the time to view the data in this database but I cannot seem to figure out where to view these store procedures and what information they use to arrive at their results. Can anyone tell me
how to use TOAD to find and view these procedures?

-Brandon

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Assuming you don’t know the name of the package/procedure, but do know the table name, I would suggest…

1. Open Schema Browser

2. Select the table you know the package is modifying

3. On the Right Hand Side, select the ‘Used By’ tab

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 10:57 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Viewing Stored Procedures

Thread created by breal5825

Maybe someone can tell me where to find this. I have an identity management product that uses Oracle as its backend database. Some of the processes use stored procedures in that database to
return True / False or other conditional information. I use TOAD all the time to view the data in this database but I cannot seem to figure out where to view these store procedures and what information they use to arrive at their results. Can anyone tell me
how to use TOAD to find and view these procedures?

-Brandon

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Bingo! The Schema Browser is what I was looking for. Thanks guys. I’m fairly new to TOAD having come from a MS-SQL environment so many thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :slight_smile: