Win32Exception Proxy Process and KeyNotFoundException errors when establishing Oracle connection

My hard drive crashed and trying to get everything re-installed.

Toad 3.8.0.575 opens just find and connects to Microsoft SQL without error. However, when trying to establish a connection to Oracle, I am able to see my TNS entries, select one, enter credentials and click ok - then I get the below errors. Sometimes I can click past them and execute a query and other times it forces me to close the application.

I’ve ensured my environment variables (ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN) are pointed to the correct copy. I have 64-bit Oracle installed. I can connect to Oracle via SQLDeveloper, so the TNSNames file is set up correctly. I’ve installed the most recent version of .NET Framework 4.6.1. Not sure what else to try - looking for recommendations.

Errors:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Proxy process has gone away

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Stack Trace:
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.Implementation.ConnectionImplementation.GetObject(Int32 objectId)
at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.ProxyConnectionCommand.GetCommand()
at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.ProxyConnectionCommand.get_LockObject()
at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.ProxyConnectionCommand.ActualDestroy()

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Proxy process has gone away

TargetInvocationException
Exception occurred in other process

Stack Trace:
at Dell.NamedPipeRPC.MessagePumpClient.Invoke(Delegate target, Object[] parameters)
at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.ProxyConnectionCommand.Finalize()

Toad Data Point 3.8 is a 32-bit process. It can connect and use a 64-bit Oracle client but the bridge we use to transfer data from 32-bit to 64-bit is having issues. You can try one of three things:

1. Install full 64-bit client (the large one with full admin features. Not instant client or other variations)

2. Install 32-bit Oracle client (instant or other)

3. Install the latest Toad Data Point 4.1 and install the 64-bit version. We now support 64-bit.

Item one above is trying to make sure all registry settings and dependencies needed are available so we can use the 64-bit bridge.

Items 2 & 3 are bypassing the use of the 64-bit bridge.

Do you remember how your Oracle client was installed on prior pc?