Unable to log in after new install on laptop

I have a user who recently got a new laptop with Toad Data Point version 3.7.0.973 installed. This is the same version he had on his old laptop, and the same version that I use with no issues.

When he starts up TDP, he gets the following error message

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Stack Trace:

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.Implementation.ConnectionImplementation.GetObject(Int32 objectId)

at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.ProxyConnectionCommand.GetCommand()

at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.ProxyConnectionCommand.get_LockObject()

at Quest.Toad.Db.ConnectionProxy.ProxyConnectionCommand.ActualDestroy()

I have no idea what to look at to try and troubleshoot this. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Do they have a valid license key on this new la[top? That seems to be the error I am seeing.

Yes, the license key is valid.

Please try rename the app data dir Toad Data Point 3.7 to something else like Toad Data Point 3.7_old and restart toad, it is located at C:\Users[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software.

That worked, thank you very much!

He’s having the same problem again. Now he’s got two directories, one named Toad Data Point 3.7 and one named Toad Data Point 3.7_OLD. It was working initially when he renamed the folder to OLD, but something seems to have created the original folder name again. Should he delete that one? Is there a way to prevent this?

The exception stack looks like some connection error. Does he has a connection marked as auto connect on start up?

The folder is our app data dir which contains all necessary setting files including the connection information. I suspected that the connection is somehow mess up and suggested you rename the folder so that Toad can create a new app data dir and start from scratch.

Since this is occurring again, please delete it and don’t specify any auto connection see if it help.