32 bit vs 64 bit downloadable Client for 12.10

Hello

I have a 64 bit operating system running on a Lenovo T460s. Recently, I downloaded Toad for Oracle 12.10 (64 bit) version and installed it in my system. However, after installation, it started showing no compatible “Oracle Home” found in my system!

I already had Toad for Oracle 10.5 version running on my system with oracle home etc. No trouble. I only downloaded the latest version to stay current with the TOAD product.

Anyway, afterwards I uninstalled Toad for Oracle 12.10 version and downloaded the client for 32 bit version and reinstalled it. Its running without any issues since and found the “oracle home” as well.

So is the operating system version in a PC dictates which Toad for Oracle version (32 bit vs 64 bit) to use or something else? It seems something else from my experience and want to know what is it?

Thanks

SD

It is the Oracle client that dictates which version of Toad you need to install. If you have the 32 bit client, you must use the 32 bit version of Toad.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 11:03 AM, snehendu.k.das bounce-snehendukdas@toadworld.com wrote:

32 bit vs 64 bit downloadable Client for 12.10

Thread created by snehendu.k.das
Hello

I have a 64 bit operating system running on a Lenovo T460s. Recently, I downloaded Toad for Oracle 12.10 (64 bit) version and installed it in my system. However, after installation, it started showing no compatible "Oracle Home" found in my system!

I already had Toad for Oracle 10.5 version running on my system with oracle home etc. No trouble. I only downloaded the latest version to stay current with the TOAD product.

Anyway, afterwards I uninstalled Toad for Oracle 12.10 version and downloaded the client for 32 bit version and reinstalled it. Its running without any issues since and found the "oracle home" as well.

So is the operating system version in a PC dictates which Toad for Oracle version (32 bit vs 64 bit) to use or something else? It seems something else from my experience and want to know what is it?

Thanks

SD

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Security Gestapo
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Thank you for the answer.

However, just for my knowledge, can you please tell me why older version of Toad for Oracle (Version for 10.5 or earlier) executable didn’t have this kind of version things (32 bit vs 64 bit) and one single executable file could install for any Oracle client version?

I think it’s likely that the 10.5 version was 32-bit only. IIRC, 64-bit came with v11.6…

Rich