Access violation at address 0000000007B9C37E

today I started Toad and tried to Connect, I got this message:
Access violation at address 0000000007B9C37E in module 'Toad.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000010

Toad for Oracle Professional (64-bit), 16.1.53.1594

Hello,

Please see this post.

Thanks

-John

I don't have a link for me to get the stack.
Last night I did the Lenovo update and Windows update.
Before that, I had a session that crtl-F not working but other session crtl-F worked fine. Perhaps there was issue before I updated my laptop and shut down.

So, was the error a one-time thing, or does it now happen every time you try to make a connection?

If every time, do this:

1. zip up your user files folder and email it to me (Steps to do that are here)
  2. Reset your user files folder (steps to do that are here)

-John

John,
the issue has been resolved here, it is internal server access issue. The strange thing is usually I have other error message like user/password login error, not Access violation at address 0000000007B9C37E in module 'Toad.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000010

You may close this ticket,
thanks

Thanks for the info.

I'm glad your situation is resolved, but you should never get an error like "Access violation at address....", so it seems like there is still some bug here. If you don't wish to pursue it, I understand, but if you can still reproduce this by attempting to connect to a server that is not available, and don't mind sending me your user files folder, I'll fix it if I can. You should at least get a "nice" error message.

-John

what is your email? here it does not allow me to attach zip file.
I repied to @quest.discoursemail.com

Hello,

My email address is in this post. I don't want to post my email address too many times.

Thanks.

-John