after installation of TDM 5 selections in DDL script dialogcannot be saved

Hi!

I just installed Toad Data Modeler 5. When I wanted to create my DDL scripts in the DDL Script generation Dialog , all my saved selections (OTP) were gone.

And which is worse: I cannot save new ones (expert mode is enabled). I can make a selection , save it under a name, but when I load the selection, the settings are gone.

When I close the DDL script generation Dialog , and reopen it, the selections I saved are completely gone.

What has happpened there?

This works with the selections in the Report Wizard.

Regards, Elke

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this! We tested it and it is a bug caused by changes made in generator for the last release. Saving selection really doesn’t work, it will be addressed by change request 111934. I will update you further as soon as I have more info!

Thank you!

Lukas

Hi,

To view your original saved OTPs selections for a particular database platform:

1. Quit Toad Data Modeler first!
  2. On your system, find the file that contains selected OTPs, by default placed in:
    *c:\Users<username>\My Documents\Toad Data Modeler\Standard Installation\Selected OTPs<filename>.txo
  • There will be several TXO files in the directory, so look for your database platform name, e.g. MS SQL Server 2005.txo.
  1. Open the file for editing in e.g. Notepad.
  2. In the file, find the text string PERCodeGeneratorMSMS05 – for Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
  3. There is MS doubled in the string so remove one MS/replace the original string by PERCodeGeneratorMS05.
  4. Save the edited TXO file.
    You will now see your saved selections in Toad Data Modeler generator for Microsoft SQL Server 2005.

Regards,

Lukas

Hi Lukas!

Thanks, this did work, I just copied the txo file from the old installation, no need to edit it, there was no double msms, and I could use the old ones. New OTPs cannot be saved, though. But at least I can now work with the ones I had before, and I can wait now for the bug fix.

Regards, Elke

Glad this works at least somehow as work around until it’s fixed!

Thank you!

Lukas

Hi,

The issue has been fixed for BETA 5.2.3 coming soon.

Regards,

Lukas