Automation One Query two different file types

I am currently using Data Point 3.2. I have been asked to create 2 different files, one in an excel spreedsheet, the other in a Pipe delim file. I store both reports in a folder and then use the ftp to move a copy to another server folder.

Is there a way to run the query once and create 2 files and move one without having to re run the same query. I used the export file to create the excel and pipe files ( youo still have to load the query twice. Then I used the ftp to move the pipe file over to another server folder.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions to reduce the amount of times of the same query.

Thanks

You could use the following approach

1. Run query and export the result into Excel file.

2. Create connection to the Excel file.

3. Export from the Excel file into pipe delimiter file.

Hope it helps you.

Aleksey

Smart idea!

From: Aleksey Bazhenov [mailto:bounce-AlekseyBazhenov@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 1:12 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Automation One Query two different file types

RE: Automation One Query two different file types

Reply by Aleksey Bazhenov

You could use the following approach

1. Run query and export the result into Excel file.

2. Create connection to the Excel file.

3. Export from the Excel file into pipe delimiter file.

Hope it helps you.

Aleksey

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

If you don’t use a variable name on the Excel output (no timestamp or any other variable as part of the file name) you can set up a standard connection to the Excel file. Then your export to Excel can overwrite the file each time and the next step can export it to a pipe delimited file. Then you can copy the Excel file to a name with a timestamp if you like. Always leave the standard named Excel file in place so your job won’t error out because it can’t connect to something that is not there.