Is it possible to export data directly to the PC client without displaying?

The idea here is to execute a DB query and have the data not show in the data grid but go directly to any reasonable flat file format to a directory on the client OS preferably a .csv. This would be for especially large result sets.

Currently you can set this up through Automation. Create an automation script that connects to the database, exeuctes query and exports to Excel file. This can then be scheduled if you like. The only export type available in version 1.1 is xls but in version 2.0 you will have csv and a variety of others.

Speaking of CSV (and XML), I’d like to schedule overnight downloads of aproximately one million records for manipulation in Access (still not familar enough with TDA Reports for this level of manipulation or even if it’s possible). Can that be done now?

Debbie,
Is it possible in Toad Data Point to run a Query and create a csv file and an excel file in a directory using "Select to File". I was able to create either the CSV or Excel, but not both files? I really don't want to run the query twice since it would use more resources. Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is not possible in this activity. But you are able to do it with our Toad Workbook.

Filip