Batch Data Comparison

I’m looking for current options in the area of Compare Data. I’m in the starting end of a massive database consolidation of at least 9 sites with ~15 databases with ~20 schemas where I need to rapidly compare data in roughly 250 tables between all sites. Ideally I could pick a group of tables in a schema and compare data to a target schema and just get a result report with row counts and same/different. An option to exclude date/timestamps would be nice too since I have many create_dt, mod_dt, etc. that I don’t care about. I didn’t see any way to save the individual comparisons for replay with the Automation Designer.

The “compare table data” window in Toad doesn’t have a corresponding action in the automation designer.

If you just want to look at row counts, you could use schema compare - it has an option for that.

It “can” be done in TOAD, but not as easily or as quickly as a tool designed specifically for the purpose like Devart’s dbForge Data Compare and Schema Compare
tools. They have the flexibility and functionality you are looking for and I thought the price was a steal. $150 each individually or a bundle with both for $250.

They are relatively fast – comparing hundreds of objects and hundreds of millions of rows in less than 15 minutes and reporting differences. They can be configured
to ignore selected objects or selected columns within objects. Perfect for weeding out ID and audit columns where you don’t care about those differences. You can save compare specs for later reuse.

I use them all the time and have been using them for about two years for comparing a source object or schema to multiple targets and it saves me hours of aggravation
and accusation.

From: chazamania [mailto:bounce-chazamania@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 8:04 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Batch Data Comparison

Batch
Data Comparison

Thread created by chazamania

I’m looking for current options in the area of Compare Data. I’m in the starting end of a massive database consolidation of at least 9 sites with ~15 databases with ~20 schemas where I need
to rapidly compare data in roughly 250 tables between all sites. Ideally I could pick a group of tables in a schema and compare data to a target schema and just get a result report with row counts and same/different. An option to exclude date/timestamps would
be nice too since I have many create_dt, mod_dt, etc. that I don’t care about. I didn’t see any way to save the individual comparisons for replay with the Automation Designer.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop
receiving emails
on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.