Behavior inconsistent for VIEW - SCRIPT handling between Toad for Oracle and Toad Data Point

Greetings Team.

When I am connected with my user account to the same server with Toad for Oracle I receive the following:

Error_20160125.jpeg

Which still allows me to see the Script of the View I'm trying to look at after choosing OK:

Error_20160125_01.jpeg

Though in Toad Data Point I do not get the option of seeing the script:

It appears as though one of these programs is not behaving correctly. Can you confirm that this behavior is expected for both Toad products, or if one of them is not handling permissions correctly?

It may be that Toad Data Point could be improved to present information, after the error is displayed.

My permissions are pretty extensive, so it seems like Toad for Oracle is behaving correctly. My permissions are:

select * from session_privs
order by privilege desc

PRIVILEGE
UPDATE ANY TABLE
SELECT ANY TABLE
SELECT ANY SEQUENCE
INSERT ANY TABLE
FLASHBACK ANY TABLE
EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE
DROP ANY VIEW
DROP ANY TYPE
DROP ANY TRIGGER
DROP ANY TABLE
DROP ANY SEQUENCE
DROP ANY PROCEDURE
DROP ANY INDEX
DELETE ANY TABLE
CREATE VIEW
CREATE TABLE
CREATE SESSION
CREATE ANY VIEW
CREATE ANY TYPE
CREATE ANY TRIGGER
CREATE ANY TABLE
CREATE ANY SEQUENCE
CREATE ANY PROCEDURE
CREATE ANY INDEX
ALTER ANY TYPE
ALTER ANY TRIGGER
ALTER ANY TABLE
ALTER ANY SEQUENCE
ALTER ANY ROLE
ALTER ANY PROCEDURE
ALTER ANY MATERIALIZED VIEW
ALTER ANY INDEX

There are a few restricted privs, but really... I would think that I could see it in Toad Data Point, when I can in Toad for Oracle.

Please advise or open a ticket for improvement.

TDP and Toad for Oracle use different method to retrieve DDLs.

TDP uses DBMS_METADATA package and it looks like you do not have privileges on the package or package is not there. You should check that the package is created and have the correct privileges.