Best Fit for Columns, Toad 7.0.6

Hi,

I would like to report thi issue: Toggle in Options->Environment->Grid: Automatically apply best fit for columns doesn't seems to work.
So, if I run a query, in result panel, columns are narrower than data containded inside.

But if I use context menù (right click on label) -> "Best Fit (all Columns) --> everything seems to fit correctly.

Can you please have a check on it?

thanks

Any feedback please?

thanks,

Hello, aviani

I checked your case and looks like option

Options->Environment->Grid: Automatically apply best fit for columns doesn't seems to work

works in next way - It analyzes grid's width and fits columns for show all columns.

PS: Sorry for late response

thanks,
but it's not so clear to me.
it means that it's a bug and it will be fixed in next versions?

This option used by all grids in Toad for all platforms, so, we can't just make the same behavior like context menu 'Best fit'

As a my conclusion - we can add sub option for this option that will ignoring grid's width and make columns' width to it longest value

I will come back with answer after our team meeting

Thanks Vasily, It would be very usefull in terms of content legibility.
Please report If you think to plan to add any option to manage it.

thanks

I'm using Toad for DB2 zOS v7.1, and noticed the same issue - Options say use 'best fit', actual results do not use it, unless a right-click on any column heading in the result set, and then select 'best fit for all columns' is selected.

Are the two current solutions (a) do nothing, sorry, the options panel doesn't work for this, or (b) add sub option,make column's width to it's longest value?

Maybe remove the option, since it doesn't seem to work?
Thanks, David

P.S. Apologies, I missed this issue was for Toad for SQL, but it's the same problem in Toad for DB2.