Team Coding - Mercurial Support
Support has been added for the Mercurial version control system. Toad supports standard version control commands, such as check-in, check-out, add, and revision information to your locally-stored Mercurial repository.
To enable, simply select Mercurial from Team Coding’s VCS drop-down box. Clicking the “Configure VCS Settings” button will give the following options:
- Mercurial Client - Path to the Mercurial command-line client
- Automatically Login to Default Repository - Check to automatically log into the default repository
- Global Settings - Clicking this button will open the Mercurial global configuration file for editing
- User Settings - Clicking this button will open the Mercurial user configuration file for editing
- Default Comment - The default comment to be used when none is entered by the user
Mercurial is a distributed version control provider, similar to Git. As a result, all operations in Toad will be performed directly against your local repository. Since distributed version control systems have no built-in concept of a “centralized” server and can be cloned from any source and pushed to any destination, repository operations such as clone, pull, fetch, and push should be handled manually outside Toad.
Mercurial support was tested with Mercurial 3.8.3.