Beta Released (12.7.0.18)

Bug Fixes

In the last ten beta releases all that has ever been mentioned is “Bug Fixes”. How about some transparency and information guys? We take the time to log issues, but you don’t take the time to list the issues - internal or relating to our logs - that you fix. It’s lazy guys.

Actually, it's not lazy, it's automation. When a developer fixes a specific user issue mentioned on the boards, he either replies back to the person with "fixed in the next build" or adds the fix to the beta notes. Those notes are automatically added
to the e-mail sent out. If there is nothing specific addressed for that build, our automated process simply adds "bug fixes". In many, many cases, these are internally logged bugs.

You have probably seen this a lot lately. This is because we are making many infrastructure changes that take time to fully implement. This often happens after the initial rush of items added to our first few beta cycles.

Hope that clarifies the messages a bit.

Greg

On Nov 30, 2014, at 1:39 PM, PaulZip bounce-Paul@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Beta Released (12.7.0.18)

Reply by PaulZip
In the last ten beta releases all that has ever been mentioned is "Bug Fixes". How about some transparency and information guys? We take the time to log issues, but you don't take the time to list the issues - internal or relating to our logs - that you
fix. It's lazy guys.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Exactly how is "Bug Fixes"of any use to the end user? We don’t care about the reasons behind it, we want tou know if it’s worth installing by knowing what it fixes?

I’m a software developer and our automated FinalBuilder build scripts manage to collate the tracking information about what was in it for our QA or beta testers - including internal items. So I stand by my original comments. For such a large commercial product it’s poor.