[BUG] Scheduled Run Times is calculated incorrectly

After scheduling a job with following…

,start_date      => TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ('2013/02/28 01:00:00.000000 US/Central','yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss.ff tzr')

,repeat_interval => 'FREQ=MONTHLY; BYMONTHDAY=1,16;'  <--NOTE: no BYHOUR,BYMINUTE,BYSECOND

the “Scheduled Run Times” is displaying…

It appears to be using SYSTIMESTAMP as a initial value and when the BYHOUR, BYMINUTE, etc is not specified it assumes the SYSTIMESTAMP time. In Oracle when a StartDate is specified (with time) the time is used if the BYHOUR,etc is not specified. It makes sense to specify it but I believe when it is not present Toad should refer to the start_date of the job as it’s initial value.

oh yeah, I see that. Thanks Rob, I’ll fix it.

From: rob.steward [mailto:bounce-robsteward@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:24 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] [BUG] Scheduled Run Times is calculated incorrectly

, start_date
 =>

TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ(‘2013/02/28 01:00:00.000000 US/Central’, ‘yyyy/mm/dd
hh24:mi:ss.ff tzr’)

,repeat_interval

=>
‘FREQ=MONTHLY; BYMONTHDAY=1,16;’ <–NOTE: no BYHOUR,BYMINUTE,BYSECOND

It appears to be using SYSTIMESTAMP as a initial value and when the BYHOUR, BYMINUTE, etc is not specified it assumes the SYSTIMESTAMP time. In Oracle when a
StartDate is specified (with time) the time is used if the BYHOUR,etc is not specified. It makes sense to specify it but I believe when it is not present Toad should refer to the start_date of the job as it’s initial value.

Rob, I can’t comment on your issue, but I’m curious if your message was initiated from within Toad or via email. When I retrieve the HTML for it from the community
server I’m seeing a blank tag in it.

Thanks,

Michael

From: rob.steward [mailto:bounce-robsteward@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:24 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] [BUG] Scheduled Run Times is calculated incorrectly

, start_date
 =>

TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ(‘2013/02/28 01:00:00.000000 US/Central’, ‘yyyy/mm/dd
hh24:mi:ss.ff tzr’)

,repeat_interval

=>
‘FREQ=MONTHLY; BYMONTHDAY=1,16;’ <–NOTE: no BYHOUR,BYMINUTE,BYSECOND

It appears to be using SYSTIMESTAMP as a initial value and when the BYHOUR, BYMINUTE, etc is not specified it assumes the SYSTIMESTAMP time. In Oracle when a
StartDate is specified (with time) the time is used if the BYHOUR,etc is not specified. It makes sense to specify it but I believe when it is not present Toad should refer to the start_date of the job as it’s initial value.