Button for Creating Sequence/Trigger pair disabled

I have a new table that I created and I was going to use the wizard for creating the sequence and trigger, but it is disabled. The create trigger option is enabled, though. I thought maybe it was because I didn’t have my primary key defined yet, so I created that, closed and reopened the F4 window, checked to see my primary key constraint, but the button is still disabled. And just in case, I checked using the schema browser, and it is disabled there as well.

Is there something special that needs to be in place for that button to be enabled?

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

It should be enabled as long as

1. you’re not F4ing through a DB Link

2. it’s not an external table

3. the table is not in the recycle bin

4. you have the ‘create trigger’ and ‘create sequence’ privilege

5. Toad and the schema isn’t set to read only

One more thing to check, Phyllis:

Options -> Windows. Make sure the “Available” column is checked for both “Create Trigger” and “Create Sequence”

I just now created a table in my own schema. I have create trigger and create sequence and am certainly not in read-only mode as I've been doing merges. Just checked the windows options and they are set as you said they should be. But still no create sequence and trigger option.

Is there anything else I can check or send you that will help you figure this out? I'm okay for now, just manually created the sequence, but I'm sure you don't want to have this not working for the next release of TOAD. :slight_smile:

blessings,

Phyllis

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Button for Creating Sequence/Trigger pair disabled

Reply by John Dorlon
One more thing to check, Phyllis:

Options -> Windows. Make sure the "Available" column is checked for both "Create Trigger" and "Create Sequence"

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Sure, zip up your user files folder and send it my way and I’ll try to reproduce it.

I tried with your user files Phyllis. One more possible reason that I failed to mention - are you rt-clicking on a table that doesn’t have any numeric columns?

No, my primary key is an integer

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 12:35 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by John Dorlon
I tried with your user files Phyllis. One more possible reason that I failed to mention - are you rt-clicking on a table that doesn't have any numeric columns?

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Ah, I found the problem then. I’m checking for ‘INTEGER’ as the datatype, but somehow 'INTEGER ’ is in the datatype field in the columns grid. It’ll be fixed next beta.

Great! Glad you were able to figure that one out.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by John Dorlon
Ah, I found the problem then. I'm checking for 'INTEGER' as the datatype, but somehow 'INTEGER ' is in the datatype field in the columns grid. It'll be fixed next beta.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I appreciate your help.