Can I Connect Toad Data Point to a PureFlex Database using an Oracle connection?

Good day.

I’m trying to connect to an IBM PureFlex database using Toad Data Point 4.2.0.279. I successfully connected to this database using Toad for Oracle 12.5. Now I’m trying to create an Oracle Connection in Toad Data Point, but I’m getting this error: Oracle Database Error

Network error:: 11004 - The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found…

Thank you.

There should not be anything different with Toad for Data Point connecting to Oracle on this type of storage device. The error you are giving is not an Oracle error so I would assume the client configuration needs to be reviewed. Are you using an OCI client? If so what is the bitness of the client and what is the bitness of Toad Data Point? Or are you using direct connect or ODBC?

If you open a support case they are very knowledgeable in this area. This might be faster.

As the error message indicates the error is caused due a network issue. What are connection parameters used? And what type of connection is used? TNS Alias or Direct Connect? What is different in connection configuration between Toad for Oracle and Toad Data Point.