code formatter question

I have 2 questions. First, a prior version used to let me put the THEN on the same line as the IF but now all I can seem to do is to have the THEN on the next line. I want them on the same line. Second I want string concatenation to be on the same line. Currently all I can do is put each part on a different line. Can I do these things and if so how?

Thank you

Hello,

Can you please provide a short code example? I tried the THEN with a PL/SQL IF statement and it should work well. Did you mean that the “Position THEN on the same line” in the Newlines tab (in the formatter option menu) is not working?

About string concatenations: in the option menu you’ll find a tab String Concatenation (in the Operators & Punctuations menu) which should provide the options you want.

Hope this helps,
Andre

It’s not that the “Position THEN on the same line” in the Newlines tab wasn’t working it’s that I didn’t know that option existed, it doesn’t seem intuitive to me to place it there. That does what I wanted however.

Thank you.

From: Andre Vergison [mailto:bounce-avergison@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, April 14, 2017 3:23 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] code formatter question

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****

RE: code formatter question

Reply by Andre Vergison

Hello,

Can you please provide a short code example? I tried the THEN with a PL/SQL IF statement and it should work well. Did you mean that the “Position THEN on the same line” in the Newlines tab (in the formatter option menu) is not working?

About string concatenations: in the option menu you’ll find a tab String Concatenation (in the Operators & Punctuations menu) which should provide the options you want.

Hope this helps,

Andre

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.