Computer looses network connection

Just got to work Tuesday. SQL Nav has been running since Monday morning, and the network connection is working fine. This is a very good sign. It’s looking like the driver upgrade I described above has fixed the issue. I’ll report back if I lose my cx again.

Bryan H - did the new driver fix the problem? I am having the exact same issue, also have a new machine with the same network adapter. Been happening for several months, and only recently realized it’s related to SQL*Nav.

Yes, the new driver has definitely fixed the problem. I haven’t had the issue again, and I’ve had SQL Nav open for days, maybe even since my previous post.

We’ve had the exact same problem at a customer of ours (though I do not remember if the NIC involved was an Intel-based one). Once in a while (sometimes within an hour, then only after a day or 2), the NIC of the PC and the switch it was connected to would “renegotiate” the network config (100Mbit or 1Gbit, half- or full-duplex), causing the network connections to drop temporarily, effectively killing off the ones to a database.
“Hard” setting these configuration parameter to a certain value (i.o. “auto”), both at the switch and at the PC, helped a bit, but every few days, the “renegotiation” still happened. By that time though, the customer had learned to live with it, and a year or so later, when the PC got replaced, the problem disappeared, too.
Good to know it was a driver problem all along.

Hello all,

Sorry for not showing up for a long time.

Our tests with the other network card were somewhat sucessful, still has this was an old network card, after 2 or 3 days the PC had a NMI error and hanged with a blue screen, so we decided to return back to the intel card and maibe try to get a 3Com or Realtec card to make some tests.

Using the feedback provided by all of you on this thread, we have now upgraded our intel drivers to the current version available on the HP site (11.5.10), I’ll report back in a week or so with the results.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Hi all

The new network-driver solved my problem too. My machine is running for four days now without loosing network.

Thank you all for solving this issue!
Regards
Beat

I am also testing a new driver…it’s worth noting the driver supplied with my IBM Lenovo updater was almost 1 year older than the one provided on the Intel site. I’m up-to-date now.

Hello,

Just some final feed back on this question, Intel driver upgrade seems to have solved this issue, we have been using version 11.5.10.0 of the drivers and the machine has been running well for two weeks now, so I will consider this question answered and close the post giving credit to Brian H. for his detailed experience with the Intel Drivers. Also I would like to thank all involveded for their contribution on solving this hard to spot matter.

Thank you very much.