I have been using TOAD for Oracle Freeware version 10 for a while now and have never experienced a dropped connection.
I was recently issued a licensed version of TOAD for Oracle version 10.5.1.3. Ever since I installed the licensed version I have been receiving an ORA-03135 error when my app sits idle for a few minutes. I never received this error on the freeware version.
My Oracle client version is 10.2.0.1 and we are connecting to an Oracle 10g database. I tried adding the following entry to my sqlnet.ora file:
This has not fixed the issue. I’m also connecting with the same account that I was using on the freeware version. Thank you in advance for your help.