Crash loading a file

This behavior has been consistent for the last several betas and is still there in 12.5.0.39. When I connect to Oracle (11.2), open an editor window, and open a file (from my hard drive) in the editor, the file appears in the editor, but before the outline appears in the Navigator panel I am told “Toad for Oracle has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” My hunch, of course, is an issue in the parser. It does not seem to generate a Toad.el or .elf file; the file by that name in my 12.5 Beta folder is a week old. It seems to be happening with any file, including this four-line one that I just constructed and tried:

echo on

create or replace package x as

procedure y;

end x;

How can I help you find the cause of this and fix it?

Nate Schroeder

Hi Nate,

Can you send me your toad.ini file offline? I’ll see if I can reproduce it.

brad.boddicker@quest.com

Thanks

From: nathan.e.schroeder [mailto:bounce-nathaneschroeder@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:12 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Crash loading a file

Crash loading a file

Thread created by nathan.e.schroeder

This behavior has been consistent for the last several betas and is still there in 12.5.0.39. When I connect to Oracle (11.2), open an editor window, and open a file (from my hard drive) in
the editor, the file appears in the editor, but before the outline appears in the Navigator panel I am told “Toad for Oracle has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
is available.” My hunch, of course, is an issue in the parser. It does not seem to generate a Toad.el or .elf file; the file by that name in my 12.5 Beta folder is a week old. It seems to be happening with any file, including this four-line one that I just
constructed and tried:

echo on

create or replace package x as

procedure y;

end x;

How can I help you find the cause of this and fix it?

Nate Schroeder

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

If Toad 12.x (non beta) is not crushing then something is in Toad beta env, what Brad point to. if this is not cause (what Brad suspect), could you please answer.

Have you looked in that file with some “smart” editor (notepad++, sublime, ultraedit).

Do you see encoding, which one is? Enable hidden characters and see if there is something “strange”.

In a short word is that file a problem.

For focusing, create in notepad a file and save mentioned content. Open that file. Is Toad still crushing?

Brg

damir

This should be fixed in the most recent Beta. There was an issue with how Toad updates the Editor when Tortoise SVN was set as the default VCS Provider.

From: damir.vadas_531 [mailto:bounce-damirvadas_531@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, March 21, 2014 8:31 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Crash loading a file

RE: Crash loading a file

Reply by damir.vadas_531

If Toad 12.x (non beta) is not crushing then something is in Toad beta env, what Brad point to. if this is not cause (what Brad suspect), could you please answer.

Have you looked in that file with some “smart” editor (notepad++, sublime, ultraedit).

Do you see encoding, which one is? Enable hidden characters and see if there is something “strange”.

In a short word is that file a problem.

For focusing, create in notepad a file and save mentioned content. Open that file. Is Toad still crushing?

Brg

damir

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.