Errorlog file not being written?

All,

I’m a bit hesitant to ask; it’s probably something pretty stupid on my side :frowning:

It seems that either the errorlog file (Toad.el) is not being written/updated, or it has moved to a different location and I fail to find it…

I expected to find Toad.el (after Toad crashed) in C:\Users\abek\AppData\Roaming\Dell\Toad for Oracle\12.8 beta
but the file I found was from last Friday (according to Windows) and even older (according to content).

I checked the Toad.ini file, found no clue.

Without the errorlog file, Dell development of course cannot be expected to do anything about my Toad crashing from time to time…

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Abe Kornelis

It’s working fine for me; however, we did just update the logging component so it might have a glitch in there somewhere.

First, is the old EL file read-only? It looks like the logging component isn’t updating read-only files. If read-write… Open Help|About and type “bug” and you should get a harmless error message. Click OK and then check for the updated file where you’re expecting it. If you’re still not seeing what you expect check the General page in Options. Is Toad’s application data directory set to the path you expect?

Michael

From: kornelis.abe [mailto:bounce-kornelisabe@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, September 07, 2015 5:46 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Errorlog file not being written?

Errorlog file not being written?

Thread created by kornelis.abe

All,

I’m a bit hesitant to ask; it’s probably something pretty stupid on my side :frowning:

It seems that either the errorlog file (Toad.el) is not being written/updated, or it has moved to a different location and I fail to find it…

I expected to find Toad.el (after Toad crashed) in C:\Users\abek\AppData\Roaming\Dell\Toad for Oracle\12.8 beta

but the file I found was from last Friday (according to Windows) and even older (according to content).

I checked the Toad.ini file, found no clue.

Without the errorlog file, Dell development of course cannot be expected to do anything about my Toad crashing from time to time…

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Abe Kornelis

=========

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Michael,

thanks for the quick reply.

1. file is not read-only, can be overwritten without issue

2. I got the harmless error message and the log file was saved correctly in Toad.el

3. the path matches (no surprise there)

Is there a way to validate the status of the loggin process?

Kind regards,
Abe

I’m not sure how else to validate the logging. What you’ve just checked is all that that can be done to validate as far as I know. We don’t have a logger for the logger. J In some cases I’ve seen errors not caught, but those are few and far between. What was your crash and what were you doing when it occurred? Looking at your last Toad crashed message I don’t see any details.

From: kornelis.abe [mailto:bounce-kornelisabe@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, September 07, 2015 10:20 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Errorlog file not being written?

RE: Errorlog file not being written?

Reply by kornelis.abe

Michael,

thanks for the quick reply.

1. file is not read-only, can be overwritten without issue

2. I got the harmless error message and the log file was saved correctly in Toad.el

3. the path matches (no surprise there)

Is there a way to validate the status of the loggin process?

Kind regards,

Abe

===

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Michael,

I understand there’s no logger for the logger. I just wondered whether there’s be some internal monitoring or some such…

the Original problem has escaped me. i.e. I clicked away the pop-up before I even thought of reading or capturing it :frowning:

BTW: is there anything you can do about http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/toad_for_oracle_beta_program/f/86/p/25314/55959#55959 ?
Content of XML column shown incorrectly - looks like a character conversion bug in Toad, but I could be mistaken.

Kind regards,
Abe