Crosstab report option available in TDA Reports

Is there an option for producing a crosstab-type report in the Reports module of TDA 3.0? This would be similar to an Excel pivot table where you can define data values going across the page as column headings, with aggregaged data listed in the intersection of rows and columns.
I didn’t find anything in the help, or the TDA blogs. There doesn’t seem to be a wizard option for this, nor a Group Header -type object in the Designer.

The only way I’ve found to do this is by building an Excel template and having automation dump out to it - you can tell Excel to automatically refresh the data in the pivot table every time the file is opened.

I’m short-cutting the procedure, but Debbie has a pretty good blog post from a while back (has the old UI, but the info is still good) that lays it out step-by-step.

julian.chasin_625 wrote:

Is there an option for producing a crosstab-type report in the Reports module of TDA 3.0? This would be similar to an Excel pivot table where you can define data values going across the page as column headings, with aggregaged data listed in the intersection of rows and columns.
I didn’t find anything in the help, or the TDA blogs. There doesn’t seem to be a wizard option for this, nor a Group Header -type object in the Designer.

There is a Pivot Grid object in the tool box next to the graph object in Toad Data Reports.

Debbie