Customer keyboard shortcut keys

When you are going to implement ability to change keyboard shortcut keys.
I found thread where Gwen said: “there’s an enhancement request in our system to implement this in a future release”. Date of message is Dec 2, 2009…

Hi,

We still dont have a release target yet for the menu customization feature.

Due to a number of request to date to have Ctrl+E to fire same action event as F9 for ‘Execute’. We have raised CR 14461 to have both Ctrl+E and F9 assigned to the ‘Execute’ action in the next release.

Could you please let us know if you also wish to use the Ctrl+E or you have any other shortcuts you would like to have so that we can try to accomodate those for you as well.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

One Set of Short cut keys I would like to see is Ctl-Z for Undo (which you have) and Ctl-Y for redo, this is an industry standard. CTL-Y seems to erase the line. Not sure why anyone would want this to delete a line.

100% agree with Dale. Ctrl+z and ctrl+y and fairly Windows standard and I mess up more often with the ctrl+y not being redo. If you guys could sneak that in a future release, that would be great.

Hi Dale and Mark,

We have added Ctrl+Y for Redo to CR 14416 as per your request.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong

Will the current functionality of ctrl-Y be moved to another shortcut? It’s very handy and we use it constantly.

Hi,

We would try to accomodate it for you too. An option in a preference could be considered, but we will confirm about the changes when it will be available in the next build.

Thanks,
Bruce

• Ctrl + Enter for excuting queriy (like in Toad);
  • Ctrl + / to comment line with two dashed “–”, and Ctrl + Shift + / to uncomment;
  • F4 to alter table, stored procedure etc;
  • Ctrl + D to duplicate line
  • Ctrl + Del to delete line
  • Ctrl + U for uppercase
  • Ctrl + L for lowercase
  • Ctrl + Enter for excuting queriy (like in Toad);
  • Ctrl + / to comment line with two dashed “–”, and Ctrl + Shift + / to uncomment;
  • F4 to alter table, stored procedure etc;
  • Ctrl + D to duplicate line
  • Ctrl + Del to delete line
  • Ctrl + U for uppercase
  • Ctrl + L for lowercase

Hi,

We will add your notes to the CR for consideration.

Thanks,

Bruce