Dates with time at midnight not displaying the time in grids

Howdy,

In 13.1.0.64 (and 13.0 GA and 12 GA), if I run this:

SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL
UNION ALL
SELECT TRUNC(SYSDATE) FROM DUAL;

…the 2nd row shows no time. I’d like the “zero” time for consistency in output.

This sounds very familiar, but I’ll be darned if I could find it in the Toad option or the forums. I also renamed my “User Files” folder to start fresh in case I messed up an option, but the time’s still missing.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Rich

We have an option for that in Export Dataset (on the Excel file format). I think that’s what you are thinking of.

If we had that in general, I think it would be under Options -> Data Grids, but it’s no there, so I don’t think it’s an option.

Hey John,

I’d have thought that the “missing” time would have bothered me at least once over the past 20 years of using Toad (egad! lol).

Does this sound like an Idea Pond type of request?

Thanks!
Rich

Let me look and see if it’s even possible. Don’t forget your ol’ pal to_char. :smile:

It is possible but I kind of have to jump through some hoops to make it happen so I don’t think it was ever an option (figured I would have remembered the hoops).

What I do remember is that when it wasn’t an option in export dataset (or maybe when the option broke?) a bunch of people were asking how to get rid of those annoying 00:00:00s!

That works for me. It hasn’t been an issue for 20 years, and now when I forget about this post in a few years (or weeks), I’ll be able to find it and say “Oh yeahhhhhhh!, I remember now!” :wink:

Thanks for checking into this John!
Rich