dba_jobs_running, job manager

Hello,
first of all, I’m sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I didn’t know where else to post.

I had an oracle job scheduled, that misbehaved and needed killing. The session was killed, and dissappeared, ora_snp process restarted, and the job dissappeard from dba_jobs_running.

The job is also not present in the advanced queueing job table.

Despite of this, when looking in the job manager of sql navigator, the job is still there, and listed as running, and broken.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look for this? The job needs to be rescheduled and run again, but I would certainly prefer to have it dissapear in job manager before we attempt this job again. Where might sql navigator pick up that this job is running?

Any pointers in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
/Dennis

Hi Dennis,

This is the right forum in deed .

Sekhar is looking into the issue for you at the moment . We will get back to you shortly.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

hi Dennis ,

Couple of questions before i proceed further .What version of sqlnav are you using and on what version of oracle database are you intend to drop the job.I assume you are using 9i oracle database and sqlnav 5..5.If it is the case , we are using the following query to generate the information in the job manager.

select schema_user, job, log_user, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, 0, what, 0,NULL, NULL, next_date, interval, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL,
NULL, DECODE(broken,'Y','BROKEN',DECODE(last_date,NULL,'SCHEDULED','SUCCEEDED')) state, NULL,NULL, NULL, failures, NULL,NULL,
last_date, total_time,next_date, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, nls_env, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL from sys.dba_jobs where
schema_user=:owner
owner = 'SYS'

If you are using SQL Nav 5.5. then you can launch job manager from job scheduler window .In fact there is an option( Job manager button) on the job scheduler window to launch job manager window. You can either drop or delete the jobs in job scheduler window ( by pressing on drop button after highlighting the job) or in job manager window.Here i am attaching the screen shots , that might help you .Please let us know , if you need any more informaiton .

regards
sekhar

hi Dennis ,

Couple of questions before i proceed further .What version of sqlnav are you using and on what version of oracle database are you intend to drop the job.I assume you are using 9i oracle database and sqlnav 5..5.If it is the case , we are using the following query to generate the information in the job manager.

select schema_user, job, log_user, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, 0, what, 0,NULL, NULL, next_date, interval, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL,
NULL, DECODE(broken,'Y','BROKEN',DECODE(last_date,NULL,'SCHEDULED','SUCCEEDED')) state, NULL,NULL, NULL, failures, NULL,NULL,
last_date, total_time,next_date, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL, nls_env, NULL, NULL,NULL, NULL from sys.dba_jobs where
schema_user=:owner
owner = 'SYS'

If you are using SQL Nav 5.5. then you can launch job manager from job scheduler window .In fact there is an option( Job manager button) on the job scheduler window to launch job manager window. You can either drop or delete the jobs in job scheduler window ( by pressing on drop button after highlighting the job) or in job manager window.Here i am attaching the screen shots , that might help you .Please let us know , if you need any more informaiton .

regards
sekhar

Hello,

the database in question is 8.1.7 and the version of sql navigator being used is 4.1.
I will pass on your information so far, to the person using the application and see what they can make of it. It’s not me using it, I’m somwhat of a middleman, doing the DBA-side of things.

If you have any additional information, in the mean time, in light of the versions given above then I’d be most grateful to recieve it.

Regards,
/Dennis

I got a reply back from the persons in question, and the help so far was sufficient, at least until further notice…:slight_smile:

Many thanks for an incredible quick, and correct, reply.

/Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting back to us.
Please let our team know if you would need any more assistance or info.

The latest release of SQL Navigator 5.5 has many new cool features added since 4.1 which you and your team might want to check them out. We would love to hear more feedback from your team on the latest release 5.5, and how we can make the products works better for you :-).

Best regards,
Bruce

hi Dennis,

Just for information >>The New SQLNAV 5.5 version supports , Oracle 10g Job scheduler as well.The New job Scheduler in Oracle 10g is using DBMS_SCHEDULER , which has lot of options than the old dbms_job package .But still for the backward compatibility , we have a launching point to old job manager in SQLNAV 5.5.

regards
sekhar

Hi
Just for note, before killing job session, you shoud delete job. Job session restarts afther kill,just like in unhandled exception in Job session code.

Regards Piter.

So cute

:slight_smile: uffff no more kids …