Debug -> Set Parameters not working for numbers

I’m using the following procedure to test this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test_debug( in_parameter IN NUMBER ) AS BEGIN
NULL;
END;

Debug -> Set Parameters allows me to enter a value for in_parameter, but the Null-flag does not go away and I can only uncheck it by checking and unchecking Expression.
Otherwise the value entered is lost when closing and opening the window again.

It seems to work for VARCHAR2, not sure why there is a multi-line editor for entering numbers.

Peter, a bug exists that was unfortunately found just a week ago regarding numbers. First check the "Expression" column and then set your value. The intended functionality is that you get the memo edit that you're seeing when the value is an expression and the calc edit when it is not. Expression is a new feature for 12.8. You can set parameters to any expression in the grid instead of having to modify the anonymous block directly; however, you can still modify the block if you wish.

Michael

On 11/12/2015 02:22 AM, Peter Lang wrote:

Debug -> Set Parameters not working for numbers

Thread created by Peter Lang
I'm using the following procedure to test this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE test_debug( in_parameter IN NUMBER ) AS BEGIN

NULL;

END;

Debug -> Set Parameters allows me to enter a value for in_parameter, but the Null-flag does not go away and I can only uncheck it by checking and unchecking Expression.

Otherwise the value entered is lost when closing and opening the window again.

It seems to work for VARCHAR2, not sure why there is a multi-line editor for entering numbers.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.