Toad World® Forums

Directory Invalid Error

Hi,

I am new to Toad for Data Analysts.

I am creating on automated toad script using Toad for Data Analysts.I have created .tas file using Toad for Data Analysts.

For achieving this i have written one sql query which is located on my local machine.Then I am exporting sql query output in excel file on same machine.I have given export excel location to the task.

Now my problem is when i am running this tas on Toad for Data Analysts it is giving me below error message.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
– at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
– at System.IO.Path.GetTempFileName()
– at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportEngine.InitLogging()
– at Quest.Toad.ImportExport.ExportEngine…ctor(String wizardXml, Boolean log)
– at Quest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.SelectToExcelActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)

2502.taod_1.jpeg

I recently migrated to a server with Windows 2012R2 and am now getting this error for exports that are included in automation. Tried both csv and excel. Any solution to this?

We are asking the operating system for the temp directory and it is not returning a valid path. Does your temp dir exist yet?

If you mean by way of environment variables being set, then yes - temp directory has been defined and I’ve verified the folder actually exists…

temp.jpeg

Debbie - is there a way I can verify in toad what temp directory it is looking for?

If you have this directory, can write to this dir and still get this error then I suggest you make a support ticket. Is this Citrix or AppV environment by any chance?

Some enterprise IT groups won’t allow writing to a temp dir as a way to stop users from installing software. Could be done via virus software. Virus software could also be a cause in it’s own way.

Our app wont work without being able to write to a temp dir