Double click Table Name

Someone stopped by and asked what the last ddl time was on a table, without thinking (which is very common for me) I double clicked the table, nav immediately crashed, no error messages nothing, just died, so I brought it back up did same same result, so I rebooted my pc, launched monitor and did same and got same result, I ran sqlmonitor, but what ever is crashing, it is not running a sql.

Hi Dale,

• What type of table is it? Could we have the extracted DDL?
  • Does this belong to current schema or a different one?
  • Did it happen with DB Explorer or DB Nav tree or both?
  • Did you have ‘Enable DBA view’ ON or OFF?
  • Have you tried with a different table and see if it can be reproduced?

Gwen

create table new_dale_table

(col1 varchar2(1),

col2 varchar2(2))

Thanks for getting back to me.
Hi Dale,

• What type of table is it? Could we have the extracted DDL?
    Just a regular table not a mv not a view if I run this script:
    ****Then double click it nav dies.
  • Does this belong to current schema or a different one?
    Either
  • Did it happen with DB Explorer or DB Nav tree or both?
    Both
  • Did you have ‘Enable DBA view’ ON or OFF?
    On
  • Have you tried with a different table and see if it can be reproduced?
    I can create a brand new table and do it and it happens.

Now some additional information, My rtvscan is running over 12 hours so I attemted to reduce my c: drive 1 thing I did was unistiall 5.0 (not 5.5 just an older version)

I also have the trouble with double clicking other schema’s triggers but I can double click my own. I can double click Packages, procedures and functions mine and others schemas. Just for an addtional note, here is what monitor put out (I’m guessing it is whatever follows this that caused the crash).

Timestamp: 07:07:42.215
select USER owner,a.object_name,a.object_id,a.created,a.last_ddl_time,decode(a.status,‘VALID’,0,‘INVALID’,1,2) status,
decode(b.partitioned,‘YES’,‘Y’,‘NO’,‘N’) partitioned,‘N’ object_table,‘N’ external_table,decode(b.nested,‘YES’,‘Y’,‘N’) nested,
decode(b.IOT_Type,‘IOT’,1,‘IOT_OVERFLOW’,2,0) IOT_Type,b.IOT_Name,b.temporary
from user_objects a,user_tables b
where b.table_name like :object_name
and a.object_name=b.table_name
and a.object_type=‘TABLE’
object_name = ‘%’

Timestamp: 07:07:42.372
select USER owner,a.object_name,a.object_id,a.created,a.last_ddl_time,decode(a.status,‘VALID’,0,‘INVALID’,1,2) status,
decode(b.partitioned,‘YES’,‘Y’,‘NO’,‘N’) partitioned,‘Y’ object_table,‘N’ external_table,decode(b.nested,‘YES’,‘Y’,‘N’) nested,
decode(b.IOT_Type,‘IOT’,1,‘IOT_OVERFLOW’,2,0) IOT_Type,b.IOT_Name,b.temporary
from user_objects a,user_object_tables b
where b.table_name like :object_name
and a.object_name=b.table_name
and a.object_type=‘TABLE’
object_name = ‘%’

Timestamp: 07:07:42.419
select a.column_name,decode(a.data_type,‘VARCHAR2’,0,‘NUMBER’,1,‘FLOAT’,2,‘LONG’,3,‘VARCHAR’,4,‘DATE’,5,‘RAW’,6,‘LONG RAW’,7,
‘ROWID’,8,‘CHAR’,9,‘MLSLABEL’,11,‘NVARCHAR2’,12,‘NCHAR VARYING’,13,‘NCHAR’,14,‘NCLOB’,16,‘CLOB’,17,‘BLOB’,18,‘BFILE’,19,‘CFILE’,
20,‘UROWID’,30,decode(a.data_type_mod,‘REF’,15,decode(instr(a.data_type,‘INTERVAL DAY’),1,29,decode(instr(a.data_type,
‘INTERVAL YEAR’),1,28,decode(instr(a.data_type,‘TIMESTAMP’),1,decode(instr(a.data_type,‘TIME ZONE’),0,26,27),
decode(instr(a.data_type,‘TIME’),1,decode(instr(a.data_type,‘TIME ZONE’),0,24,25),decode(a.data_type_owner,null,32,21)))))))
data_type,decode(a.data_type_owner,null,decode(instr(a.data_type,‘INTERVAL’),1,a.data_type,decode(instr(a.data_type,‘TIME’),1,
a.data_type,’’)),a.data_type) type_name,a.data_type_owner type_owner,a.data_length,a.data_precision,a.data_scale,a.nullable,
a.column_id,a.data_default,a.num_distinct,cast(a.low_value as varchar2(500)) low_value, cast(a.high_value as varchar2(500))
high_value,USER object_owner,a.table_name object_name
from user_tab_columns a
where a.table_name=:object_name
order by a.column_id
object_name = ‘C’

Did you have this problem at all before you installed 5.0? Did you have this issue with 5.5 or 6.2?

Gwen

It worked and still does work in 5.5, I can not say I ever tried to double click in 6 of any version on a table. I’m not sure what the “expected” results would be. I know in the old navigatory it would bring up a multi tab page, the first of which would be the create information. I have had others try this on their PC and it works fine although they are not on 6.2 as yet, I doubt any of the the changes from 6.1 to 6.2 caused this issue, so I am going to write it off as a problem with my pc.

Message was edited by: DaleFromLozier

Hi Dale,

It should bahave exactly like 5.5 which is to open the Table Editor. If you have time, you may want to try uninstall and reinstall the version. Make sure it gets installed in the correct folder. I sometimes didn’t check and the installer auto-populate the installation folder with one belongs to an earlier version and hence that one got overwritten.

Gwen