Drop column in Edtior, SB data grid with filter displays error

in SB, display table data grid with filter, go to Columns tab (or some other tab), from Editor drop column, go back to SB and click on Data tab. Error popup that won’t go away. I believe this is the sequence of events. Note that the filter did NOT include the dropped column. I clicked OK and X many, many times. Table has over 300,000 rows so I assumed popup would continue and opted to kill Toad and restart.

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/toad131.docx:320:240][View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/toad131.docx:320:240]

popup is

ORA-904 : invalid identifier

Hint: Check the filter for errors.

As noted previously, the filter did not include the dropped column, at least not after the restart.

In any case, my hope is that you can prevent Toad from becoming unusable in this scenario.

I tried to reproduce this but got no error. Is this the grid’s built in column filter or the filter/sort dialog?

filter/sort dialog. I can reproduce on a table with a 4 row dataset, but I get the popup only once. I assume the repeated popups I got originally were due to the much larger dataset, but that’s an assumption I’d rather not test at the moment.

The only way I can get any error is if I

1. Go to table in SB. Stay on Columns tab (filter is set because it is remembered from last time)

2. Drop a column in Editor.

3. Go to SB, click on Data tab.

But in this case, I only get the error once. If I add “step 1.5) go data tab and then back to columns tab”, then I don’t get any error at all, and in fact all of the data for the dropped column is still available until I refresh.

I am not sure this is significant, but what version of Oracle are you testing with?

12.2 client and server

How large was your dataset?

I don’t know if this really matters but I was probably clicking between tables and not between tabs for the same table.

Thousands of rows. It was a copy of dba_tab_columns.

I don't know if this really matters but I was probably clicking between tables and not between tabs for the same table.

Yes, that matters because if you click between data -> columns -> data tab of the same table, then when you go back to the data tab, the query is already open. If you go from one table to the next, we have to reload columns and data tab of RHS and the data tab's query is re-executed each time.