SB - Tables tab - Data grid filter issue with mixed case column names

I’m using 12.1

I have the unfortunate inconvenience of having to work with MiXed CaSE column names for some data conversion tables I’m dealing with. With that said Toad does a great job at double quoting columns when needed but I found an instance where that is missing. in the SB (describe window too) on the tables tab. If you are on the data grid, select a cell then click on the filter drop down button and select ‘Add to filter “MixedCaseColumn” = current value’ it pops up the filter dialog but the column is not double quoted. It shows up correctly in the drop down menu as being double quoted though.

Thanks

Ed

I see that and will fix it. Thanks Ed.

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:32 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SB - Tables tab - Data grid filter issue with mixed case column names

Thread created by ed.klinger

I’m using 12.1

I have the unfortunate inconvenience of having to work with MiXed CaSE column names for some data conversion tables I’m dealing with. With that said Toad does a great job at double quoting columns
when needed but I found an instance where that is missing. in the SB (describe window too) on the tables tab. If you are on the data grid, select a cell then click on the filter drop down button and select ‘Add to filter “MixedCaseColumn” = current value’
it pops up the filter dialog but the column is not double quoted. It shows up correctly in the drop down menu as being double quoted though.

Thanks

Ed

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks John!!

On Oct 10, 2013, at 11:37 AM, John Dorlon bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: SB - Tables tab - Data grid filter issue with mixed case column names

Reply by John Dorlon
I see that and will fix it. Thanks Ed.

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:32 AM
To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] SB - Tables tab - Data grid filter issue with mixed case column names

Thread created by ed.klinger

I'm using 12.1

I have the unfortunate inconvenience of having to work with MiXed CaSE column names for some data conversion tables I'm dealing with. With that said Toad does a great job at double quoting columns when needed but I found an instance where that is missing. in the SB (describe window too) on the tables tab. If you are on the data grid, select a cell then click on the filter drop down button and select 'Add to filter "MixedCaseColumn" = current value' it pops up the filter dialog but the column is not double quoted. It shows up correctly in the drop down menu as being double quoted though.

Thanks

Ed

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

I tested your description and ran into the same situation as yours. What an interesting thing it is. I ever seen a UI grid control, it sounded well, but I don’t know if it also have some similar bugs on the grid filter things. I believe that grid control must have a good performance on the filtering.