Editor capitalizing table alias when choosing from pick list

aliases I’m using are not reserved words and don’t get capitalized unless I’m choosing column from pick list.

It should be obeying the "Use lower case object names from select windows" option in View|Options|Editor|Behavior, but I see that it's broken in the beta. I'm actively working on the Code Insight feature now in particular so that it can be canceled when loading
so I don't think I'll have this fixed for next beta, but I'll add it to the list of remaining items I need to complete.

Michael

On 11/20/2013 06:28 PM, droeschley_109 wrote:

Editor capitalizing table alias when choosing from pick list

Thread created by droeschley_109
aliases I'm using are not reserved words and don't get capitalized unless I'm choosing column from pick list.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks Michael.

I have a couple other Insight/pick list items.

1. just curious why Constants won’t show up in pick list when Available Variables/Parameters is checked. Not sure if that is intended but seems like they ought to appear like other variables.

2. in the Toad Insight Object, checking Expected Tokens seems to create major performance issues. Yesterday, when I checked it and hit OK, it took minutes for Toad to return control to me and performance, at least in the Editor, had noticeably degraded . When I unchecked it, had the same issue and when it did return, there was still a definite performance degradation in most anything I did in Toad. Today, when trying to reproduce, checking the box caused Toad to not respond for a LONG time so I ended up killing the process.

1. In Toad 12.1 I see them included. In the beta I'm not seeing any available identifiers in my test case so I probably broke something along the way. I'll look into it.

2. Are you working within a large package? Is this reproducible in Toad 12.1?

On 11/21/2013 01:32 PM, droeschley_109 wrote:

RE: Editor capitalizing table alias when choosing from pick list

Reply by droeschley_109
Thanks Michael.

I have a couple other Insight/pick list items.

1. just curious why Constants won't show up in pick list when Available Variables/Parameters is checked. Not sure if that is intended but seems like they ought to appear like other variables.
  1. in the Toad Insight Object, checking Expected Tokens seems to create major performance issues. Yesterday, when I checked it and hit OK, it took minutes for Toad to return control to me and performance, at least in the Editor, had noticeably degraded
    . When I unchecked it, had the same issue and when it did return, there was still a definite performance degradation in most anything I did in Toad. Today, when trying to reproduce, checking the box caused Toad to not respond for a LONG time so I ended up
    killing the process.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I had many Editor tabs open, at least one or two were very large packages.

I tried reproducing this after I got your reply but response time was not more than several seconds and no out-of-control spinning, so not sure what set of circumstances caused this. If I do happen to reproduce again, I’ll certainly let you know.

Lowercase object names option and constants not showing are both fixed for next beta.

Michael