Editor Crashes - "The parameter is incorrect" and "Canvas does not allow drawing"

I made a change for the next beta. Those experiencing the issue please let me know how things look after you’ve had sufficient time to use it. The edit control has two supported methods of drawing. DirectWrite is available on Vista+ and that will be set to the default method on supported operating systems. It uses less GDI resources, but uses more memory although I only got Toad up to 1GB of usage after loading 300+ small files. There is still a breaking point at ~400 files on my machine, but that’s well beyond any reasonable number of open tabs. Hopefully this one is licked, but time will tell.

Thanks,

Michael

I had to roll back this change.

Michael

On 02/06/2015 04:14 PM, Michael Staszewski wrote:

Editor Crashes - "The parameter is incorrect" and "Canvas does not allow drawing"

Thread created by Michael Staszewski
I made a change for the next beta. Those experiencing the issue please let me know how things look after you've had sufficient time to use it. The edit control has two supported methods of drawing. DirectWrite is available on Vista+ and that will be set
to the default method on supported operating systems. It uses less GDI resources, but uses more memory although I only got Toad up to 1GB of usage after loading 300+ small files. There is still a breaking point at ~400 files on my machine, but that's well
beyond any reasonable number of open tabs. Hopefully this one is licked, but time will tell.

Thanks,

Michael

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.