Error and subsequent hang during editing: canvas does not allow drawing

While editing a query in a Toad edit wiindow I reeived a pop-up with a failure notice.

I’m sorry - I failed to copy the symptom.

The error message stated somethig like (off the top of my head) “canvas does not allow drawing”
after that, Toad went into a hang.

At the moment the error occurred I had just disabled the last fistful of lines in my query using Ctrl-B, then I moved the cursor by holding the up arrow.
While my cursor was going up, after a few lines, the error message popped up.

I tried to insert the toad.el file below, but the layout gor garbled.
If you need it, I’ll be happy to send you a copy by email.

Kind regards,
Abe Kornelis.

Ok,

I just received the exact same symptoms using 12.7.0.38.

Here's the error pop-up:

canvas_does_not_allow_drawing.png

And again, I had been navigating around a large source module, moving all over the place.
When the error occurred I was holding the up arrow

After I copied the error pop-up, the screen went blank, and Toad went into a hang:

canvas_does_not_allow_drawing3.png

Where the cpu_consumption of the first Toad session remains stable at 25% over time.

Despite the hang, the window rected when I clicked the close icon.

I have saved the toad.el file. If you want a copy of it, please let me know.

Abe Kornelis

Send it to me, Abe.
michael.staszewski@quest.com

Thanks,

Michael

On 01/30/2015 04:20 AM, kornelis.abe wrote:

RE: Error and subsequent hang during editing: canvas does not allow drawing

Reply by kornelis.abe
Ok,

I just received the exact same symptoms using 12.7.0.38.

Here's the error pop-up:

And again, I had been navigating around a large source module, moving all over the place.

When the error occurred I was holding the up arrow

After I copied the error pop-up, the screen went blank, and Toad went into a hang:

Where the cpu_consumption of the first Toad session remains stable at 25% over time.

Despite the hang, the window rected when I clicked the close icon.

I have saved the toad.el file. If you want a copy of it, please let me know.

Abe Kornelis

==========

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I had a similar situation happen yesterday. I was working in some other app, went back to a Toad Editor window and started scrolling. Got the “Canvas does not allow drawing” popup, clicked OK, Toad became unresponsive. I had an Output window open at the time. Any click on Toad windows I would get a Windows popup that Program was not responding, Close? I chose to have Window Close (kill) Toad.

If you could send your Toad.el from the appdata folder to me @ michael.staszewskiquest.com.

On 01/30/2015 11:39 AM, droeschley_109 wrote:

Reply by droeschley_109
I had a similar situation happen yesterday. I was working in some other app, went back to a Toad Editor window and started scrolling. Got the "Canvas does not allow drawing" popup, clicked OK, Toad became unresponsive. I had an Output window open at the time. Any click on Toad windows I would get a Windows popup that Program was not responding, Close? I chose to have Window Close (kill) Toad.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

All,

The error seemed to have been resolved. But it just happened again: canvas does not allow drawing.

I was in the middle of an urgent change typing away (wearing my fingers off on the keyboard, so to speak)

Then, boom - and as before Toad goes on blank.

Please find the errorlog attached. I forgot to check CPU usage before terminating Toad. Sorry about that…

Abe Kornelis

Sorry for omitting the attachments. That’s what you get when in a hurry…

Please find attached a screenshot of the error symptom, and the errorlog.
Oh, btw, I’m currently on Beta 53.

Abe
===Toad_canvas_does_not_allow_drawing.png[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/86/Toad_5F00_Canvas_5F00_does_5F00_not_5F00_allow_5F00_drawing.txt:550:0]

I believe that this error has the same underlying cause as those reported by Phyllis, Boneist, and others throughout this release cycle. It should be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks,

Michael

On 03/20/2015 09:46 AM, kornelis.abe wrote:

Reply by kornelis.abe
All,

The error seemed to have been resolved. But it just happened again: canvas does not allow drawing.

I was in the middle of an urgent change typing away (wearing my fingers off on the keyboard, so to speak)

Then, boom - and as before Toad goes on blank.

Please find the errorlog attached. I forgot to check CPU usage before terminating Toad. Sorry about that...

Abe Kornelis

==========

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.