I haven’t gotten the error yet, but the problem is apparent. As I do your steps and watch the number of GDI objects the number steadily climbs, and climbs, and climbs. That is no good. I owe you a few beers.
On 03/20/2015 12:29 PM, Boneist wrote:
RE: Editor in .54 - status bar changes to black when you start typing
Reply by Boneist
I’ve managed to recreate it (although it takes a while!):
- Launch Toad
- log into a database
- open an editor window (mine defaults to open a schema browser on connection)
- paste in the following:
with sd as (select ’
’ col1 from dual)
columns col2 varchar2(5) path ‘.’);
- put the cursor at the bottom
- hold shift down, and keep holding it.
- now press the up arrow until all the text is highlighted
- now press the down arrow until all the text is not highlighted
- repeat steps 7 and 8 until Toad complains (took me around about 16 repititions of both steps before Toad stopped responding.
The latest actual error message I got was “The handle is invalid”, but I don’t always get an error message. I do usually get a box that’s normally black, but is - I think - meant to be the box where you can get Toad to mail an error report:
To reply, please reply-all to this email.
Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum
this post as spam/abuse.