Editor - lines to help display blocks with indenting aren't present in 12.7.0.51

Hi,

I’m not entirely sure what they’re called, but in 12.6, you had helpful lines inline with the code to separate different blocks visually:

toad_inline_lines1.jpeg

but in 12.7.0.51 they’re missing:

toad_inline_lines2.jpeg

I’ve searched the options, but couldn’t see anything vaguely relevant (but seeing as I don’t know the correct term for them, I might have missed something!). Has this option been deliberately removed, in order to force us to use the code folding, or is there an option that I’ve somehow turned off (I copied my userfiles across from 12.6, so if there is an option, it ought to be selected)?

If it’s been removed deliberately, is there any chance of having it added back in, please? hopeful look

I've searched the options, but couldn't see anything vaguely relevant

Enable the option to show indentation guides on the Editor display page. This isn't the same thing as before, but if your code is formatted to line up with tab stops it may be sufficient.

Has this option been deliberately removed, in order to force us to use the code folding

Yes and no. :slight_smile: Removed because the new control has no concept of the "block staples" feature from before. If your tab stops match your formatting indentations then the indentation guides work well. If you use the formatter make sure your Tabs and Indenting
options and Toad's tab stops are set the same. You can find formatter tabs/indenting options on the formatter options page beneath the Spacing node.

is there any chance of having it added back in, please?

Very unlikely.

On 03/11/2015 08:02 AM, Boneist wrote:

Editor - lines to help display blocks with indenting aren't present in 12.7.0.51

Thread created by Boneist
Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what they're called, but in 12.6, you had helpful lines inline with the code to separate different blocks visually:

but in 12.7.0.51 they're missing:

I've searched the options, but couldn't see anything vaguely relevant (but seeing as I don't know the correct term for them, I might have missed something!). Has this option been deliberately removed, in order to force us to use the code folding, or is there
an option that I've somehow turned off (I copied my userfiles across from 12.6, so if there is an option, it ought to be selected)?

If it's been removed deliberately, is there any chance of having it added back in, please? hopeful look

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Ah, that’s a shame. I have some eyesight issues that the block staples feature really helped with. The indentation guides are … vaguely useful, but because I have the tabs set to one space*, they’re not really of much use. So it’s either no visual help or somethig that looks really busy - too busy to be of any actual help.

*one space because I do a lot of manual formatting, and you can’t use the multi-line indenting with the smart tab feature (at least, I don’t know how if it is possible!), so if you want to indent something 7 chars to line up with eg. columns in a select list, then it’s impossible with a tab setting of 2, 3 or 4, without a lot of manual adding/removing extra spaces.

Yeah, I miss that feature too. Very handy when working in long or unfamiliar code.

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:04 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: Re: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Editor - lines to help display blocks with indenting aren't present in 12.7.0.51

Re:

Reply by Michael Staszewski

I've searched the options, but couldn't see anything vaguely relevant

Enable the option to show indentation guides on the Editor display page. This isn't the same thing as before, but if your code is formatted to line up with tab stops it may be sufficient.

Has this option been deliberately removed, in order to force us to use the code folding

Yes and no. :slight_smile: Removed because the new control has no concept of the "block staples" feature from before. If your tab stops match your formatting indentations then the indentation guides work well. If you use the formatter make sure your Tabs and Indenting
options and Toad's tab stops are set the same. You can find formatter tabs/indenting options on the formatter options page beneath the Spacing node.

is there any chance of having it added back in, please?

Very unlikely.

On 03/11/2015 08:02 AM, Boneist wrote:

**[ Editor

Thread created by Boneist

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure what they're called, but in 12.6, you had helpful lines inline with the code to separate different blocks visually:

but in 12.7.0.51 they're missing:

I've searched the options, but couldn't see anything vaguely relevant (but seeing as I don't know the correct term for them, I might have missed something!). Has this option been deliberately
removed, in order to force us to use the code folding, or is there an option that I've somehow turned off (I copied my userfiles across from 12.6, so if there is an option, it ought to be selected)?

If it's been removed deliberately, is there any chance of having it added back in, please? hopeful look

Stop
receiving emails
on this subject.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Stop
receiving emails
on this subject.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

It’s reason why don’t use ver 12.7 and higher…