Editor - indenting working differently than 12.6

Options - tab stops 4, replace with space, auto indent

in 12.6, tabbing would match the spacing of the previous line. 12.7 appears to adhere to the tab stops, disregarding spacing of previous lines.

For un-indenting, ctl-shift-U no longer works, and Backspace only deletes 1 space, whereas in 12.6, Backspace would usually take me to the previous tab stop.

Key mappings appears to be gone from the Options. It was always confusing to me why Toad had a Key Mappings option separate from the Shortcuts option. Has Key Mappings functionality been eliminated?

I'm about to head out for the day so I'll look at these issues tomorrow, but...

It was always confusing to me why Toad had a Key Mappings option separate from the Shortcuts option

Prepare to be unconfused. Editor key bindings are listed with the other shortcuts now.

Thanks,

Michael

On 01/22/2015 05:12 PM, droeschley_109 wrote:

Editor - indenting working differently than 12.6

Thread created by droeschley_109
Options - tab stops 4, replace with space, auto indent

in 12.6, tabbing would match the spacing of the previous line. 12.7 appears to adhere to the tab stops, disregarding spacing of previous lines.

For un-indenting, ctl-shift-U no longer works, and Backspace only deletes 1 space, whereas in 12.6, Backspace would usually take me to the previous tab stop.

Key mappings appears to be gone from the Options. It was always confusing to me why Toad had a Key Mappings option separate from the Shortcuts option. Has Key Mappings functionality been eliminated?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Ok, I see that Unindent is now called Tab Back, and is defined as what used to be the Secondary key mapping in 12.6. And that works just fine - never used more than 1 key mapping anyway. When you have a chance, you’ll have to give me a clue about the Bookmarking shortcuts - I don’t see anything remotely similar.

I'll look at name consistency and the shortcut being mapped to the secondary. Bookmark shortcuts are just CTRL+Shift+. Toad supports numbered shortcuts 0-9. Jump to a bookmark with CTRL+. These shortcuts cannot be changed.

On Jan 22, 2015, at 5:38 PM, droeschley_109 bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Editor - indenting working differently than 12.6

Reply by droeschley_109
Ok, I see that Unindent is now called Tab Back, and is defined as what used to be the Secondary key mapping in 12.6. And that works just fine - never used more than 1 key mapping anyway. When you have a chance, you'll have to give me a clue about the Bookmarking
shortcuts - I don't see anything remotely similar.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

shift-tab is not un-indenting for me. It acts just like Tab.

Also, the item I mentioned about tabbing matching the spacing of the previous line(s), is that being addressed? it was something I used quite a bit.

Ø

Fixed for next beta.

Ø
the item I mentioned about tabbing matching the spacing of the previous line(s), is that being addressed

I think that you want the Smart tab option. It sounds like that’s the behavior you had in the past. Change your tab mode to Smart on the Editor Behavior options
page. This was missing until a beta or two ago.

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 3:45 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Editor - indenting working differently than 12.6

Reply by droeschley_109

Also, the item I mentioned about tabbing matching the spacing of the previous line(s), is that being addressed? it was something I used quite a bit.

Stop receiving emails
on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

http://04j0.mj.am/o/04j0/e4fda7f5/62yt32ie.gif

Smart tab not working completely as expected. Initial tab mimics the previous line indentation, but tabbing on any subsequent word (following the initial) do not. Also, if an existing line does not match the indenting of the previous line, tabbing will not mimic the previous line, but uses default tab stops, except if the line starts with a space, then tabbing results in 2 spaces for me (my tab setting is 4).

If I Tab before the large column name below, it will move 5 1/2 tab stops for me. If the column name is changed to x4, smart tab works correctly.

ALTER TABLE test_1

ADD( x1 NUMBER

, x2 NUMBER(30)

x12345678901234567890 NUMBER(38)

, x3 NUMBER(38)

);

Also I still have the issue where if I Tab after d below, it moves to the next tab stop rather than to the b position, as should be the case with smart tabs.

a b c

d

Both are fixed for next beta. In my testing I was typing, hitting return, and tabbing making sure the caret jumped. At no point did I try tabbing on a line already
containing text it seems. Doh!

Thanks,

Michael

From: droeschley_109 [mailto:bounce-droeschley_109@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 2:44 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Editor - indenting working differently than 12.6

Reply by droeschley_109

If I Tab before the large column name below, it will move 5 1/2 tab stops for me. If the column name is changed to x4, smart tab works correctly.

ALTER TABLE test_1

ADD( x1 NUMBER

, x2 NUMBER(30)

x12345678901234567890 NUMBER(38)

, x3 NUMBER(38)

);

Also I still have the issue where if I Tab after d below, it moves to the next tab stop rather than to the b position, as should be the case with smart tabs.

a b c

d

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi,
I’ve got new Toad 12.8 installed and noticed that editor/shortcuts work differently - I always used ctrl+shift+I to ident selected block of text and ctrl_shift_U to unindent. No it works differently - it deletes all selected block and then indent only 1 line. Is ti a bug or I can fix it in settings?

Thanks,
Rustam