Email Server

Hi There

I am a new user for Toad and i am trying to automate the query so that it sends me an email after the query is run

I am getting error messages as the host not found. Can anyone please tell me what sort of server i can add in the email server section for SMTP.

Regards

Harry

It needs to be an SMTP server. You may need to ask your IT department for the server name. In our TDA 3.0 Beta we have added a feature to help you auto detect the server name, but unfortunately that is not in TDA 2.7.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie

How can i get TDA 3.0 beta

I found the link for TDA 3.0 Beta and i am installing it now

You can download from here.

http://tda.inside.quest.com/beta.jspa

To get the SMTP server, go to automation, and in the settings or email activity there is a button to fetch the server settings.

Debbie

P.S. Just use the TDA 3.0 to get the SMTP server. Then go back to using TDA 2.7. The 3.0 Automation is under construction:)

Hi Debbie

I am unable to find the fetch server details from TDA 3.0

Can you please help

Ta

Please post a screen shot or describe in detail what happens when you try.

Debbie

I AM GETTING A ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I CLICK ON EMAIL SERVER SETTINGS

SEE ATTACHED FILE

TA
tOAD_EMAIL_sERVER.docx (189 KB)

Thanks. I will have the developer that wrote this take a look.

Debbie

It seems that it’s not a problem with TDA but rather some network configuration issue. Please try the following:

1. Check with your IT department if you have SMTP configured on your network (They even can give you the address of your email server :)).

2. If SMTP is configured then there is a possibility that you are on a subdomain that doesn’t have a mail exchange record configured. If this is the case then you have to submit email server address in Automation manually. Try to ping it using something like mail.yourdomain or relay.yourdomain. The one that responds most probably would be you mail server.

Hope this helps.

Igor.

Thanks IGOR

I got the server name frm IT but still it does not send the email i get error message socket exception

i tried to ping the server and pings fine

Is there any generic server address i can use to send email

Regards

Hs

Hi Harry,

Please check with your IT department about port number that should be used with your email server. If it’s non-standard (other than 25), then probably it can be it. If you still unable to connect to email server, please send us exact error message(s) you are getting when trying to connect to the server.

Thanks,

Igor.

Ok, probably a dumb question but is it possible to use googlemail to handle this, and if so what is the server and port required?