Enable Team Coding when can't use DBA connection

John,

Good to know about not requiring SELECT ANY DICTIONARY, CREATE ANY TRIGGER, and CREATE ROLE.

But, I have run the script as TOAD_OWNER. I have all the objects and grants you mention, and still getting the not installed error when connected as TOAD_OWNER.
I reran the grants and synonym just now but no difference.

And, I think you explained why – the code checks for TOAD username, does it not? So I don’t see how changing TOAD in the script to TOAD_OWNER could ever work
(though that would be ideal).

I have hope that I might be able to get the TOAD schema to be created in my organization. I will then use the script you provided to create the objects and
see if that makes a difference. But if I am misunderstanding your point in any way, I hope you will enlighten me.

Again, thanks for considering my issue. It would seem others in restrictive organizations will be able to benefit from the work you’re putting into this.

Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 11:52 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Enable Team Coding when can't use DBA connection

RE: Enable Team Coding when can't use DBA connection

Reply by John Dorlon

I think you'll be fine without SELECT ANY DICTIONARY. That's for other things that can be installed into the TOAD schema. I'm not even sure what CREATE ANY TRIGGER is doing in there. It
probably ought to be just CREATE TRIGGER. But once the objects are there, you'll be fine without it. Same with CREATE ROLE.

But, since the checks you mentioned are for TOAD user and not for TOAD_OWNER, isn’t this all moot?

Right. I think once all those tables, triggers and indexes are created using that script I gave you (as well as the public synonym and grants to public and tc_admin_role at the end of the
script), Toad will act like Team Coding is already installed.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

When do you get the “Team Coding not installed” message?

I just tested and never got that message…here’s what I did:

1. Globally replace TOAD with TOAD_OWNER in that script

2. went back to that insert statement and changed TOAD_OWNER back to TOAD

3. removed the granting of CREATE ANY TRIGGER and SELECT ANY DICTIONARY and CREATE ROLE to TOAD_OWNER.

4. ran the script

5. Restarted Toad and logged in as TOAD_OWNER

6. went to the Team Coding Config window, check “Enable” and click “OK”.

7. Toad’s output window says “Team Coding is running”

John,

COMPLETE SUCCESS!!!

One key was exiting and restarting Toad. I then got a message about an invalid install of TC objects, so I dropped all TOAD_OWNER tables and sequences, loaded
your script, changed all TOAD to TOAD_OWNER (but undid the insert statement change), executed the script with no errors, exited Toad and restarted, connected as TOAD_OWNER.

Please share my joy at seeing this screen:

I am glad we don’t need to logon as Toad user after all. Now to read up on how this is all supposed to work…

Thanks again for your amazing customer service.

Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2015 12:31 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Enable Team Coding when can’t use DBA connection

RE: Enable Team Coding when can’t use DBA connection

Reply by John Dorlon

When do you get the “Team Coding not installed” message?

I just tested and never got that message…here’s what I did:

1. Globally replace TOAD with TOAD_OWNER in that script

2. went back to that insert statement and changed TOAD_OWNER back to TOAD

3. removed the granting of CREATE ANY TRIGGER and SELECT ANY DICTIONARY and CREATE ROLE to TOAD_OWNER.

4. ran the script

5. Restarted Toad and logged in as TOAD_OWNER

6. went to the Team Coding Config window, check “Enable” and click “OK”.

7. Toad’s output window says “Team Coding is running”

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Glad I could help!