Enable 'Toggle Compiling with debug'

Hi All,

I am using TOAD 12.6. The database is installed locally. So I have access to both SYSTEM and the sample HR schema in Oracle.

I have searched some posts about how to enable Debug in TOAD with no avail. I have already got DEBUG CONNECT SESSION and DEBUG ANY PROCEDURE grants for the HR user in the schema. However, in the TOAD session, the Session > "Toggle Compiling with Debug is still greyed out for the HR session.

The ‘Toggle Compiling with debug’ option is enabled in the SYSTEM user, but greyed out in the HR user. Please advise, what else do I need to perform to make it work in HR schema.

From the help file:

Debugger menu is disabled (grayed out)

The debugger menu will be disabled if you do not have Oracle debugging privileges. You must have access to the DBMS_DEBUG Oracle package.

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:17 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Enable ‘Toggle Compiling with debug’

Enable 'Toggle Compiling with debug’

Thread created by ozzjack

Hi All,

I am using TOAD 12.6. The database is installed locally. So I have access to both SYSTEM and the sample HR schema in Oracle.

I have searched some posts about how to enable Debug in TOAD with no avail. I have already got DEBUG CONNECT SESSION and DEBUG ANY PROCEDURE grants for the HR user in the schema. However, in the TOAD session, the Session > "Toggle Compiling with Debug is still greyed out for the HR session.

The ‘Toggle Compiling with debug’ option is enabled in the SYSTEM user, but greyed out in the HR user. Please advise, what else do I need to perform to make it work in HR schema.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I just got this granted DBMS_DEBUG to my user account & restarted Toad. This did not enable the debugger menu. Please help.

You also need the DEBUG CONNECT SESSION system privilege. You can see if you have it with this query:

select *
from session_privs
where privilege = ‘DEBUG CONNECT SESSION’

The query will return a row if you have the privilege. It will return nothing if you do not.

When you want to debug any procedure sometime you will notice the “Toggle Compiling with Debug” disabled.

In order to enable it you basically need to grant two privileges:

GRANT DEBUG ANY PROCEDURE TO A_USER;

GRANT DEBUG CONNECT SESSION TO A_USER;

Hope this helps,

Damir