Toad World® Forums

Error in Report Generation TDM3.6.6.9

Hi,

Am getting the following error on report generation from model in TDM3.6.6.9.

The report generation wizard fails at the point when the PDF report is being saved. It gives me an error relating to ntdll.dll.

This error in reporting happens only when I am selecting ‘Details’ on the ‘What To Report’ step of Report Wizard. When I select 'Summary’ option ****on the ‘What To Report’ step of Report Wizard the report gets generated and saved at the specified path.

Can anybody help me with this.

Message was edited by: VinodK

Message was edited by: VinodK

Error In Reporting.doc (32.5 KB)

Hi,

we have tried it here and haven’t experienced this issue. To be able to reproduce it, we will need the following:

  1. Does the error occur every time you try to generate the report with the stated settings?
  2. Does it happen only with one model? In that case, send the model to modeling quest.com, please.
  3. What’s your system configuration?

Regards,
Lukas

Hi,

  1. This error occurs every time I generate a report with this setting.

  2. It is happening with all the models I have created thus far.

  3. Windows7 Professional with Intel® Core™ i3 CPU.

Regards,
VinodK

Hi,

and on what databases does it happen? All? Could you send us any sample model on which you are experiencing the issue? Only if you don’t mind.
And do you restart TDM after the error?
Do you use watermark in report generation.

Cheers,
Lukas

Hi,

My model has been created by reverse engineering from Oracle11g Release II database. After the error I do not need to restart the TDM. It works fine.

Also, I do not use watermark in report generation.

Hi,

always restart TDM when any error occurs. And does the error occur when generating only RTF report?
Anyway, thanks for the info so far and we will try to reproduce it and investigate on it.
Will let you know as soon as we find anything.

Regards,
Lukas

Hi,

I am generating report in PDF format.

I have a model which is based on Oracle10g for which the same sequence of steps generates the report perfectly fine without any errors.

Hope this information is of help to you.

Regards,
VinodK

Message was edited by: VinodK

The problem is we don’t have any model with which we would be able to reproduce the issue. There must be something in the model. Try to Test Model- in Physical Model Explorer, right-click on the name of the model, the root of the tree, and select test model. Watch for any errors in Message Explorer. If any errors appear, send the log, please. Or if possible, please send the model to modeling quest.com, which would help the most!

Regards,
Lukas