Error messages in Toad Editor

I can live with the exclamation points in red circles. But the popup error message makes it impossible to see anything if I opt to keep typing code with plan to fix typos and stuff later. Problem is I can’t find stop to stop the behavior or move it to someother place. Been using Toad long enough you’d think I’d know what to do - but I don’t for this.

Running the new 12.9 for first time and this behavior is new from what I had. Seems some of my settings made it through the update process and others did not. Win10 64bit in case someone is curious.

As from 12.9 on newlines are treated like END-OF-STATEMENT, they will break your code, leading to those errors.

Unfortunatelly I cannot tell you how to handle the popups.

On the Execute/Compile page in Options uncheck the option to treat blank lines as terminators. This is new for 12.9.

On Jul 4, 2016, at 2:13 AM, Enrico bounce-RicmanX@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Error messages in Toad Editor

Reply by Enrico
As from 12.9 on newlines are treated like END-OF-STATEMENT, they will break your code, leading to those errors.

Unfortunatelly I cannot tell you how to handle the popups.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks

D M Flad, Manager of Base Technologies**,** Delaware Children’s Dept, State of Delaware

O: 302‐633‐2694 Cell/Emergencies: 302‐528-3652

Statewide Toll Free DSCYF Helpdesk: 800‐891‐9909

From: Michael Staszewski [mailto:bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, July 4, 2016 10:07

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Error messages in Toad Editor

RE: Error messages in Toad Editor

Reply by Michael Staszewski

On the Execute/Compile page in Options uncheck the option to treat blank lines as terminators. This is new for 12.9.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Confidentiality Notice – This electronic mail transmission and any attachment(s) are privileged and confidential and are intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the unintended message received. Unintended transmission shall not constitute waiver of work product or any other privilege.