Toad World® Forums

Error - Parameter not found - when exporting data in Schema Browser

I am getting an error when I try to right click a table and export the data from that table. It seems to be the same error on any table I try to export. The error is, “Parameter ‘v_start_date’ not found.” I know that is a bind variable I have used in the past but I don’t understand why it’s showing up when trying to export data from a table. I have tried the basics, restarting Toad etc. I even saw a previous post referring to renaming the ToadActions.dat file, that did not resolve the trouble. I am running Toad for Oracle 12.10.0.30.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Application:

1.1 Start Date : Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:47:24 -0600
1.2 Name/Description: Toad.exe - (Toad™ for Oracle®)
1.3 Version Number : 12.10.0.30
1.4 Parameters :
1.6 Up Time : 49 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Exception:

2.1 Date : Tue, 23 Jan 2018 14:37:15 -0600
2.2 Address : 00000000048AC527
2.3 Module Name: Toad.exe - (Toad™ for Oracle®)
2.5 Type : EDatabaseError
2.6 Message : Parameter ‘v_start_date’ not found.
2.7 ID : A1990000
2.8 Count : 1
2.11 Sent : 0

User:

3.2 Name : CDT User
3.3 Email:

Active Controls:

4.1 Form Class : TfrmMain
4.2 Form Text : Toad for Oracle - [ FLEET - Schema Browser (FLEET)]
4.3 Control Class: TcxTreeList
4.4 Control Text :

Computer:

5.2 Total Memory : 16949645312 (15.79 Gb)
5.3 Free Memory : 10349920256 (9.64 Gb)
5.4 Total Disk : 256058060800 (238.47 Gb)
5.5 Free Disk : 295403520 (281.72 Mb)
5.6 System Up Time : 6 hour(s), 20 minute(s), 15 second(s)
5.7 Processor : Intel® Core™ i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
5.12 Virtual Machine:

Operating System:

6.1 Type : Microsoft Windows 7 (64 bit)
6.2 Build # : 7601 (6.1.7601.17965)
6.4 Non-Unicode Language: English (0409)
6.5 Charset/ACP : 0/1252
6.6 Install Language : English (0409)
6.7 UI Language : English (0409)

Steps to reproduce:

8.1 Text:

That sounds vaguely familiar and I think it has been fixed in the latest version. I think this will get you past it. Let me know if it does not.

  1. Start Toad
  2. Click the “Configure Toad Options” icon on the main toolbar (roughly in the middle of the toolbar)
  3. In the options dialog, on the left hand side, click “General”.
  4. Click the “Open Folder” button on the right. A windows explorer window will open.
  5. Close Toad (If you attempt to make edits to Toad.ini while Toad is running, your edits will be overwritten)
  6. In the windows explorer window, browse down to “User Files”
  7. Double-click the “Toad.ini” file in the “User Files” folder.
  8. Search for v_start_date in Toad.ini and delete any lines with it.
  9. Save Toad.ini and see if that fixes it.

I tried that. Still getting same error. Went back in and confirmed the variable is not in the ini file. Any other suggestions?

Hm, how about variables.dat in the same folder. Unfortunately, you can’t edit this one, you’ll just have to delete it. Might want to try renaming it just in case. Do that with Toad not running.

Tried that as well and still same problem. Interesting note, the variable name has changed since I have run other queries with bind variables in them. So now it’s reading the same error with a different variable name that I just used. To be clear, the query that I ran with the new variable had nothing to do with the original table, or even the same database for that matter.

Dang. Strike two. Well, if you click Utilities -> Copy User Settings, then choose “reset to a clean set of user files”…that will restore Toad to the state of a fresh install, which should fix it.

But if you don’t want to reset everything -

There’s a place in that error dialog that says “click here” to copy to clipboard. It will capture more info that what you already posted.

Please do that, and send me the clipboard contents, along with your zipped up user files folder. You can send to john.dorlon@quest.com.

-John