Excel file Error after importing to Excel file with multiple worksheets and variables in output files in TDP 3.3

When exporting to a specified worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet WITH multiple worksheets I get ‘file corrupt’ when opening file. This only occurs when I write to an existing file that has other worksheets AND when I use variables to write to multiple files. If I write to a new file (one worksheet only) I get no errors, or if I update only 1 file with no variables I am ok.

Example: automation script with a sql statement gathering active salesperson numbers that feed a bind variable one salesperson at a time to generate their open data. This variable is used for generating the data for each salesperson and to name the file. The file is pre-setup with pivots which auto-refresh once opened and data is written to sheet1.

Maximum file size is under 3mb so I do not believe this is the previous file size error.

Has anyone had this issues? I get the same ‘file corrupt’ when I use TDA 3.1.

Christy

Can you send me your automation script and the excel file you are exporting to? i have seen similar issues where the problem was with objects in the original excel file that we could not handle.

Thanks for the files. I can reproduce this issue. I have entered QAT-774 to fix. We will give you an update when we look under the hood to see what is happening.

Any progress?

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:15 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Excel file Error after importing to Excel file with multiple worksheets and variables in output files in TDP 3.3

RE: Excel file Error after importing to Excel file with multiple worksheets and variables in output
files in TDP 3.3

Reply by Debbie Peabody

Thanks for the files. I can reproduce this issue. I have entered QAT-774 to fix. We will give you an update when we look under the hood to see what is happening.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

The issue is in a third party control we use. The have isolated the error but say the fix will not be available until Nov 5th. This will miss our TDP 3.4 release so will have to be picked up in the following release. Can you use a Beta release when we get the fix?

I can use a beta version but I am reluctant to upgrade with all the issues I seem to have every time we upgrade. Not to mention the work that has to be done
with the scheduled tasks to redirect everyone to the new version (is this ever going to go away)?

Sent: Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:03 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Excel file Error after importing to Excel file with multiple worksheets and variables in output files in TDP 3.3

RE: Excel file Error after importing to Excel file with multiple worksheets and variables in output
files in TDP 3.3

Reply by Debbie Peabody

The issue is in a third party control we use. The have isolated the error but say the fix will not be available until Nov 5th. This will miss our TDP 3.4 release so will have to be picked up
in the following release. Can you use a Beta release when we get the fix?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I totally understand the reluctance. But there is some good news. in TDP 3.4 we have added a migration utility to migrate your automation scripts to use the newer version. Upon start up of the newer version you will get a screen that shows you all of your Automation scripts and you can choose which you want to move to the new version. This window is available in the job manager in case you want to migrate them later.

Is there any idea of when this version will be available? I can’t even just write to a specific worksheet (by changing the tas in notepad to direct it to a
named worksheet). I get this error.

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 3:23 PM

files in TDP 3.3

Reply by Debbie Peabody

I totally understand the reluctance. But there is some good news. in TDP 3.4 we have added a migration utility to migrate your automation scripts to use the newer version. Upon start up of the
newer version you will get a screen that shows you all of your Automation scripts and you can choose which you want to move to the new version. This window is available in the job manager in case you want to migrate them later.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

To Christy.Mesenburg_406:

Welcome back to Toad World!

Our release date for Toad Data Point 3.4 is this Monday, November 18th, 2013. We are particularly excited to hear your interest in the Migration Utility feature!

We hope you will be pleased with the latest features in Toad Data Point 3.4.

-Joshua Liong

But will the fix for my issue be in that release or the next?

On Nov 15, 2013, at 1:22 PM, "Joshua Liong" bounce-JoshuaLiong@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Excel file Error after importing to Excel file with multiple worksheets and variables in output files in TDP 3.3

Reply by Joshua Liong

Welcome back to Toad World!

Our release date for Toad Data Point 3.4 is this Monday, November 18th, 2013. We are particularly excited to hear your interest in the Migration Utility feature!

We hope you will be pleased with the latest features in Toad Data Point 3.4.

-Joshua Liong

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I followed up on QAT-774 and regrettably the primary issue is not addressed in Toad Data Point 3.4. The solution is still in progress and will do our best to have it implemented in a future release!

We look forward to your feedback when this fix is implemented in a future Beta version of Toad Data Point.

Thank you for your patronage in using our Toad Products,

-Joshua Liong

we are still waiting for fix from third party dll. We should have it soon but it will miss the TDP 3.4 release. If I can get into one of the next Beta’s can you use a Beta version?

Yes I will. Thank you.

On Nov 16, 2013, at 8:25 PM, "Debbie Peabody" bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Excel file Error after importing to Excel file with multiple worksheets and variables in output files in TDP 3.3

Reply by Debbie Peabody
we are still waiting for fix from third party dll. We should have it soon but it will miss the TDP 3.4 release. If I can get into one of the next Beta's can you use a Beta version?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Did this fix indeed miss the 3.4 release? If so, am I able to get the beta?

Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:25 PM

files in TDP 3.3

Reply by Debbie Peabody

we are still waiting for fix from third party dll. We should have it soon but it will miss the TDP 3.4 release. If I can get into one of the next Beta’s can you use a Beta version?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Checking…be right back with answer.

We are still waiting on a GA release of the third part component. It was promised to us Nov 5th. We are checking on delay.

We got the in the third party dll with the fix but unfortunately it did not make the Beta that is being posted today. It will be in the next one. Sorry. We will get it right soon, I promise.

Hi, this fix is not in the newly posted Beta. 3.5.0.2525. Please download and give it a try.

Do you mean it is ‘now’ in the beta?

Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 2:37 PM

files in TDP 3.3

Reply by Debbie Peabody

Hi, this fix is not in the newly posted Beta. 3.5.0.2525. Please download and give it a try.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Yes. It is in build 3.5.0.2525 which was posted this morning.