Toad World® Forums

Export Template - Appending to Access

12/22/2010 ExportFinished, click to view file.

I created an export template which is supposed to append data to an existing table in an Access database (.mdb format). The automation task runs and creates a new database with a date extension then I get the following error…

12/22/2010 ERROR[42000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTOstatement.
12/22/2010 atQuest.Toad.Workflow.Activities.Database.ExportWizardActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContextexecutionContext)
12/22/2010 Endwhile loop
12/22/2010 Failed

Any ideas on how to fix this? Can the append feature only be used with .accdb formats?

Well, that is the pits! I just checked this and it is in fact broken. I entered CR80989 for this issue. The worst part is I don’t see a work around for appending to existing DB. The export to new access db is available and works but may not be what you need.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Debbie

The odd thing is I thought I got it to work a couple weeks ago…

Thanks for your help

It must have been exporting to a new database or there is some column type that causes the issue. I didn’t test for that.

I double checked and I was creating a new database a few weeks ago…Thanks again for the help