We found problems when adding own properties to the meta model (entities).
What we did:
- we used “MyPackage” for extending the meta model for the classes “PerEntityPG90”,“PerEntityOR10” and “PeEntityMS08” (properties should be available for postgres, oracle and mssql).
- each class is extended with two simple boolean properties.
- after that we saved the package and restarted toad
- having the postgres model opened, we choosed the form designer for the entity properties dialog “FmPEREntityEdit”.
- there we added a new tab page, and on this tab we added two data checkbox controls, which we linked to our new entity properties.
- again saving the form and restarting toad.
- after restart we opend the postgres model and could successfully edit and save our new properties.
a problem comes up, if we opened another model (oracle10 or mssql08).
When we open the entity property dialog, toad throws several messages like "Could not convert variant type (Olestr) into type "Double). Sometime an additional message appears “…index out of range…”.
With this problem coming up, the model can’t be edited, we must close toad with unsaved data.
In this state, we can not use toads meta model features for this function.
Is there any solution for this problem ?
- running a script against the oracle or mssql database had access to the new properties in the meta model (-> as described above, the properties where correctly added to all three database types).