Format case-only converts tabs to evil evil spaces

Howdy,

In 12.9.0.18 Editor, doing a “Formatting Tools->Format Case Only” converts all tabs to spaces. How evil! Because, as everyone knows, tabs rule! And since everyone agrees, I’ll just ignore trolling replies to the contrary… :wink:

Interestingly, if I turn on “Editor->Display->Show whitespace”, I see that typing spaces followed by a tab converts all the spaces to a tab. I wasn’t aware that was a feature! Maybe not related, but thought I’d mention it.

Thanks!
Rich

Just checked 12.9.0.19, which does the same. 12.8GA works as expected, as did some previous 12.9 betas, as I use this fairly frequently.

Rich

Tabs! I see this too. I'll log it.

Michael

On 01/25/2016 03:15 PM, Rich J. wrote:

RE: Format case-only converts tabs to evil evil spaces

Reply by Rich J.
Just checked 12.9.0.19, which does the same. 12.8GA works as expected, as did some previous 12.9 betas, as I use this fairly frequently.

Rich

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Me again. Any news on this? Now that the bug is also in 12.9 GA and 12.10 beta, I have no usable Formatter… [:’(]

Rich

Can’t happen that you have no formatter, Rich, so we fixed it. (QP-1434)

Expect it in the beta by next week.

Thanks,
Andre

Woot!

As retribution for my support of tabs, the evil evil spaces have occasionally boycotted being placed between SQL keywords, but I’m pretty sure that’s a PICNIC problem. [;)]

Thanks, Andre!

Hey Andre,

In 12.10.0.10, I’m still seeing my precious tabs obliterated into boring spaces. Is there maybe some setting/file/option I need to reset?

Thanks!
Rich

On Jul 21, 2016 you wrote on http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/toad_for_oracle_beta_program/f/86/p/27271/61718#61718 in invisible ink:

I'm still seeing my precious tabs obliterated into boring spaces. Is there maybe some setting/file/option I need to reset? <

Sorry Rich, it's not yet in place. Summer holidays cause some delay. Next week should be realistic.

Thanks!
Andre

No worries! I’m really looking forward to camping and fishing with my son in a few weeks.

And I have no idea what happened to my post. I tried editing it to put in the Toad version and got a warning that my post needed to be approved. Weirdness…

Thanks, Andre!

Rich

fyi…There’s a bunch of weirdness going on right now with Toad World - we’ve notified the TW guys and they are looking into it.

It's marked as fixed from the parser team, but we haven't gotten an updated DLL from them yet. Expect it soon(ish).

On 07/21/2016 03:03 PM, Rich J. wrote:

RE: Format case-only converts tabs to evil evil spaces

Reply by Rich J.
Hey Andre,

I'm still seeing my precious tabs obliterated into boring spaces. Is there maybe some setting/file/option I need to reset?

Thanks!

Rich

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

My tabs are back! 12.10.0.13 is my favorite beta ever! [B][B][B]

Thanks again, Andre!

Rich

Rich, did you mean to send those beers to me? Want shipping address?

Budwieser is now closer to you than it is me, Andre!

Oh wait, you said “beer”. I’m sorry… [;)]

LOL !